I slept well. I got up just after eight o’clock with a
sore hand (as well as the carpal tunnel nonsense) and found a rather
large splinter in my thumb. It must have been in there snice I did the
gardening yesterday afternoon.
I made toast and had a look at the internet. It was
still there. This morning’s squabble was about a video of someone rescuing a
cuttlefish stranded on a rock and putting it back into the sea. Some (like
me) felt it was a kind thing to do. Others were ranting about the thing
being generated by A.I. and were being rather nasty about it… as if there
wasn’t enough else to bicker about.
And last night’s episode of Star Trek got quite a lot
of hate too.
In a novel break with tradition Bailey ate all of her
brekkie this morning. And with that scoffed we drove up to the woods. The woods
was rather busy today. Horses and cars. Normal people with nervous dogs.
Treacle had a wallow in a swamp. And the skin-tight lycra-clad
young mothers' running club were there too.
We
found an injured little bird, but it hopped off into the undergrowth before I
could capture it. I expect a fox had it fairly promptly.
We
took a bit of a different route today. I took several turns to try to avoid
everyone else, and every turn added to our journey. We’d covered over five
miles by the time we got back to the car, and once I’d got some petrol on the
way back it was after mid-day before I made our cuppa.
I sparked up the lap-top and told the geocaching
community about tomorrow’s geo-events. There’s a litter pick in nearby
Frittenden tomorrow morning, and a meet-up in a pub in Edenbridge at lunchtime.
Back in the day I would have showed up for both.
I Munzed, and Wordled. Starting from “eight” (which
didn’t help at all) I started again with “found”. This didn’t help
as much as I’d like in that the “o” was in the wrong place. Can you
think of a five letter word with “o” anywhere but in the second
position? Eventually I came up with “brook” which showed me where the “o”
was, but didn’t have the “n” which I knew (from my second go) was
in there somewhere. In desperation I tried “sloan” (is that even a
word?) and that left “snowy” as the only word I could think of.
Wordle strains my poor brain.
I wrote up some
CPD, then had a little pootle in the garden. I cut back
more of the overgrowth from not-so-nice-next-door’s trees. It comes to
something when after torrential rain my flower pots are bone dry as their
bushes are that far over the fence. Then I took the back off of the planter I
was having issues with a few days ago.
And then I pulled out some of the plants in the living
room fish tank. Earlier in the year I was having issues with how mucky the fish
tank was. A combination of live plants and snails have worked wonders, but the
plants had gone mad. Whilst I was at it I cleaned out the filter… which seems
to have had it. I’ve ordered a new one from Amazon. I had various options for
delivery. I could have it delivered tomorrow for free, or I could have it
delivered tomorrow for one pound ninety-nine.
I used to work with a chap who really would have paid
that one pound ninety-nine.
By then my carpal tunnel nonsense was too painful to
continue. It’s odd – my arm has got incredibly worse ever since I got told that
I’ve got carpal tunnel syndrome. Is that some psychological thing?
I sat on the sofa with Bailey and put the finishing
touches to the register sheet I’ve drawn up for Dog Club. Personally I’d rather
we didn’t bother, but the paddock owners feel we should have one, and they’ve
probably got a point. Take the money for example – last week the cash payments
were what we would expect for twelve point seven dogs. And at the end of the
last session are we completely sure that everyone is out before the gate gets
locked? We once got locked in at Old Wardour Castle…
I defy anyone to jump over the fence at Dog Club.
And then I looked at joining some carpal tunnel
Facebook groups. I found three, and the one with most members seemed to be
little more than a repository for baking recipes all posted by the admin, so my
hopes aren’t high. Bearing in mind my previous experience I suspect it will be
one big argument, but hope springs eternal.
“er indoors TM” went
off out with her mates. I sprked up the telly and watched a film. ”East of Ipswich” was
something I can distinctly remember watching some years ago. Written by Michael
Palin I can remember it starred Miranda Richardson and it was rather good. I
have no idea what I saw all those years ago, but it wasn’t what I watched this
evening…

No comments:
Post a Comment