16 September 2026 (Wednesday) - Before The Late Shift


 I slept well again, and “er indoors TM had turned her alarm off too. Bonus.
I made toast and had a look at the internet. One of the sci-fi pages I follow on Facebook had a picture of a compilation of lots of robots from various science fiction films and shows. You wouldn’t believe the squabbling it provoked about whether or not a dalek is or isn’t a robot. And one of the local Facebook pages featured photos of cats crapping on someone’s lawn. Some local idiot was fed up with cat turds and had decided to shame his neighbours. As if a cat would give a shit (figuratively; we know they do literally).
I Munzed, unlocking a Qrate as one does. I Wordled from “turds” through “spank” and “copse” before ending with “wispy” (for the simple reason that it was the only word that I could think of).
 
As I Munzed so “er indoors TM stood over Bailey trying to get her to eat. We’ve realized that when I’m at work she eats her all of brekkie, but when I’m home she doesn’t. She’s too preoccupied with the thought of going out.
Today she ate maybe half of her brekkie before going into the hallway (where the leads are kept) where she quite openly started the queue for walkies.
 
As I drove the dogs down to Orlestone so the pundits on the radio were interviewing Rick Wakeman about the late David Bowie. The claim was made that David Bowie was the first person to ask if there was life on Mars… and this was presented as a serious proposition.
 
We got to Orlestone where there were quite a few cars in the car park. The frankly odd bloke was again sitting in his car shouting a running commentary into his phone. We left him to it. Foragers were foraging, and there were quite a few dogs being walked. A mile into the woods and they were still on their leads. One woman gave us the evil glare as we walked past. People like her boil my piss. If you won’t let your dogs run and you aren’t happy watching other dogs doing what dogs do, why not walk the streets of the town where dogs *will* be on leads.
Winter must be coming – I wore a jumper as we walked for the first time in months.
 
We came home where I showered the fox poo off of Bailey. I wrote up some CPD, and set off to the late shift. As I drove I listened to more of the audiobook of “All Quiet on the Western Front”. I’ve seen the film a few times relatively recently but have not read the book for years. I’d forgotten how profoundly depressing it was. I’m tempted to give up with it.
 
And the day was effectively done by the time I rolled into work at mid day…

No comments:

Post a Comment