29 September 2026 (Tuesday) - Before the Late Shift

This morning’s ranting on Facebook reached new heights of pathetic. Apparently it is a “thing” amongst those who go on cruises to hide plastic ducks on the cruise ships (a bit like painted rocks). Some of the cruise operators want to put a stop to it. You wouldn’t believe the arguments about plastic ducks…
There was then an interesting posting from the parent of an autistic child. One of the normal people had been trying to video a steam train (yes, I know…) and had the arse because the child had been constantly screaming his head off. The child wasn’t upset or frightened. Apparently he always screams constantly because he likes doing so “because he is autistic”. The parent wondered why the world is so unaccepting of a child which constantly screams because it wants to, and felt he and his child were being bullied by a world which doesn’t want to hear a child constantly screaming…
I was reminded of a friend of “My Boy TM” from thirty years ago who was the world’s worst brat and would get away with murder at home “because he had ADHD”. The first time he visited I told him firmly “we don’t have any of your bollox here”. The child looked rather embarrassed, apologised for no reason, and then was as good as gold whenever he visited.
I saw I had a comment on a blog entry from a year ago. Some spammer wanted me to advertise gym equipment. I reported it for the scam that it was.
I Munzed, and Wordled starting with “thing” which gave me nothing. I started again with “ducks” which was a bit better. I got it on the third go with “scuba” which I didn’t think was actually a word.
We did dog breakfast which can be rather fraught at times. Bailey is all too quick to eat fox turds when we are out, but is really fussy over eating proper dog food.
 
I took the dogs out. We went to Orlestone via Shodohurst to avoid the road works. In the past I’ve whinged about the litter along Church Lane. This morning someone was out clearing it. In full hi-vis clothing he must have been either from the council or on community service (we see community service going on in Kings Wood from time to time).
We got to the woods and immediately put the wind up the normal people. Or (to be precise) Pogo did. Much as I love him, he can’t go back to his mummy quickly enough as far as I’m concerned. He’s a lovely dog but when we are out he sometimes feels the need to defend the pack, and he does that by screaming at anyone he considers to be a threat. And there is absolutely no reason or method in his threat detection system.
We put the wind up several normal people today; they were out in force.
As we came up one of the forest tracks we met a very sweet young couple who oh-so-politely asked where the track went to. Personally when I go hiking (which I do quite a bit) I look at a map before I go, take the map with me and check the map as I go to ensure I’m on course. This pair subscribed to the “pot luck” school of navigation and had just blundered off out hoping they wouldn’t get too lost. I suppose they were within a couple of miles of a bus stop and a railway station so things could have been a lot worse for them… it was a shame that they had no idea where the bus stop or railway station were, but I suppose in their world that was just a piddling detail.
 
We came home. I did wonder if we’d need to have a bath, but the dogs were surprisingly clean bearing in mind how wet and muddy the woods had been after the overnight rain. I had a quick Meowdoku then got ready for work.
 
Work was rather troublesome today and it was ten o’clock when I got home…

No comments:

Post a Comment