I slept amazingly well last night. Now that I know the
pain in my arm originates from an issue in my left wrist I spent the night
holding that wrist and it was pretty much pain free for the first time in
months. I slept through till eight o’clock.
I got up, made toast and peered into the Internet.
There was a lot more talk about Nigel Farage this morning. One of his leading lackeys
was
apparently filmed telling someone with loads of
money to give to Farage and Reform UK how best to do it in such a way to get a
bung of half a million quid round
electoral law. You’d think that what with all the furore about the iffy five
million Farage got given earlier in the year they wouldn’t be so silly.
Wouldn’t you? The entire thing is
on YouTube…
And last night’s episode of “Star Trek: Strange New
Worlds” was loved by people who’ve been following Star Trek for years and
was hated by those who found it recently.
I took the dogs up to the woods. Today the place
seemed to be heaving with normal people but we eventually got away from them.
We had a good walk up to the three-quarter-of-the-way-round point where the
heavens opened. We got soaked, and we saw a couple of flashes of lightning too.
But I’d rather have that than the bone dry and heat we had over the summer.
The rain stopped as we got within a couple of hundred
yards of the car park; I dried the dogs off with a chamois leather I keep in
the boot just in case.
We drove home listening to more Adrian Mole MP3 who
today has stopped doing the dirty deed with Pamela Pigg and is now sniffing
round the woman who runs the creche in Safeway.
We got home. I made us both a cuppa… then threw them
away and made ones with milk that didn’t have lumps in it (call me fussy if
you will). We had cream cakes with them. Very nice.
I wrote up CPD, I Wordled from “cream” to “wager”,
getting it right on the last chance, and booked my MOT on the Halfords website.
It took some mucking about but I eventually made the booking.
I had a shower and went to bed for the afternoon.
Morgan and Bailey came with me, and I slept for three hours with my hand merely
tingling at worst.
I’m hoping “er indoors TM” will
boil up some dinner, and then I’m of to the night shift.
Today’s been rather dull. I don’t really dislike the
night shifts. Generally I quite enjoy just being trusted to get on with the
night shift on my own. But (as always) I have spent the day sulking and
fretting that I’ve got to go to work later…

No comments:
Post a Comment