I slept reasonably well… bearing in mind backache from
sleeping on my back, carpel tunnel pain, tinnitus ringing in my ears and the
CPAP machine blowing up my nose…Perhaps the biggest issue was lack of bed space
though. At night some dogs curl up tightly and some sprawl out. During the day
Bailey is the smallest dog in the world. At night she is huge.
As I got up I saw that Prime Human had plenty of bed
space, it was only Spare Human that was being pushed off the edge…
I made toast and had my usual look at the Internet.
Someone or other had posted up a link to a work-related text book
in e-format. These appear from time to time. These things aren’t cheap so when
the opportunity arises I not only have it, but share it on the works WhatsApp
group. I probably won’t ever read the thing, but being seen to share this sort
of thing gives a good impression with my colleagues. Otherwise they would think
my life is an endless round of dog walking and beer drinking. They would be
right in thinking that, but I’d rather they had a good impression rather than
the right one.
Friends were posting photos from holiday in Greece and
Poland, and from a coach trip. Yesterday a friend had organised a coach trip
round the churches of the Romney Marsh. Admittedly you got a packed lunch
thrown in, but fifty quid to go round the churches of the Romney Marsh? All the
seats on the trip sold out. Each to their own …
And there was petty bickering on-line too. There
usually is.
I Munzed, Wordled from “slept” to “forth”
in five goes, and in doing so double my daily streak.
As I farted about so Pogo shouted at the world. I wish
he wouldn’t.
I took the dogs out. We had quite a walk to where I’d
parked last night. The major issue with the late shifts is the parking when I
get home. We walked through the clouds of cannabis smoke. No matter where you
go these days, the foul smell of that stuff pervades everywhere. Particularly
around allotments, I’ve noticed.
As we drove to Orlestone the pundits on the radio were
simply wasting the licence fee. They were talking about an obscure TV show which only features on
Apple TV, and consequently no one had heard of. And to make matters worse they
were interviewing of the stars who was quite incapable of stringing a coherent
sentence together.
We got to the woods. There were some normal people in
the car park so Pogo screamed at them. I really wish he wouldn’t. As we walked
our usual circuit so we met one other person and her dog; that encounter passed
off without incident which was probably for the best. We chased squirrels,
rolled in the leaves, paddled in the puddles… A great time was seemingly had by
all.
We came home and once I got a clean shirt I set off to
work listening to more "Triffids". I like John Wyndham's
books, but they are things of their time and oh-so-obviously written by someone
"posh".
I stopped off in Sainsburys to get lunch where a pair
of half-wits were totally oblivious to the fact that they were inadvertently
blockading the door. Some rather dumpy dopey looking woman was shouting "CHICKEN
KIEV, CHICKEN KIEV" at a rather stupid looking chap whose jeans
were three sizes too big for him and were only kept up by a pair of the sort of
braces that my grandfather used to wear. The more she shouted, the more
confused he appeared to be. The poor chap clearly had less sense than teeth,
and he didn't have many teeth. After a few minutes I loudly shouted "excuse
me" and barged through. The pair of them suddenly realised where they
were, and bustled off looking suitably embarrassed.
I wonder what that was all about.
I went in to work and did my bit. Today included
an anti-factor Xa assay. I'd not done one of those before; it turned out to be
something of a disappointment. I don't know what I had been expecting, but I
had been expecting more.
Rather allegorical of life, really.

No comments:
Post a Comment