27 September 2026 (Sunday) - Bilsington

 

I came back from the loo in the small hours and tripped over a cable that “er indoors TM” had left trailing over the floor. Whatever it was came crashing off of her chest of drawers bringing all sorts of clutter with it. Deciding that she could clear it later I went back to bed where I was plagued by vivid dreams in which I’d been seconded to a laboratory which specialised in selling kites to Gilbert and Sullivan enthusiasts.
I’d been asked to work today; I declined the offer and eventually got up about an hour after I would have started.
 
Squabbles abounded on Facebook this morning. As I scoffed my toast one of the “Lads Mags” pages posted a new theory of cosmology which gave an alternate explanation for creation doing away with the big bang. It sounded plausible from what I could understand, but I’ve got several post-graduate qualifications and didn’t really understand it. However several thickos who’d clearly failed the kindergarten entrance exam were pontificating on the matter and loudly dismissing the theories of other who were equally clueless.
And someone else was asking why churches needed to have parking spaces reserved for the disabled. I thought it a valid point (but decided not to comment). Those that disagreed were unable to explain why.
 
I spent an age struggling to glove a geo-puzzle, then Wordled. Starting with “solve” I got it right with “sloop” on the second go. I Munzed, and we got ready for an outing.
We drove out via Shadoxhurst where we paused for geocachical reasons, and then (after a quick DNF at Blilbby as you do) we went on to Bilsington. We wandered round the churchyard getting clues to find a nearby geocache, then walked along the canal to Ruckinge following a geocaching adventure lab series. The ad-lab was rather good; the footpath was a bit awkward to traverse. So once we’d got to the furthest point of our walk we came back over the fields. It was a shame that this took us past the most rancid swamp ever, but the dogs loved it.
Once back at where we started we walked up to the bin to dispose of the dog dung bags and saw the White Horse pub. We deserved a pint. Or two. Late Red and Ruddles best, and the Kicking Goat’s Fresh Berries cider too. Can’t be bad. Mind you, a pint of ale, half a pint of cider, two bags of crisps and two bags of cheddars was fifteen quid. And this was followed by a pint of ale and a bag of crisps for six quid twenty. Am I *really* being mean in thinking this a tad excessive? I know it’s probably about the going rate, but it’s a bit much, isn’t it?
We had hoped to get some of the new geocaching Treasures that came out in the week. There’s seven to be had; we got two. And I took a few photos as we walked (pretty much all were taken on the way back).
 
We came home where we had a serious scrubbing session in the bath. The dogs stank. After an intense wash (with soap!) they weren’t *quite* as rancid as they had been.
We did “FEED THE FISH”, and with that done it wasn’t long before all the dogs were snoring. We had a cuppa and an out-of-date cake.
I then had a pootle in the garden. Yesterday I found some old planks of wood that I could use to bodge the planter the rats had a month or so ago. I sawed them to the right size, and screwed them onto the planter. And then the rain started. I’ll finish that job tomorrow. Possibly.
 
I put some washing and in solved a few more geo-puzzles whilst “er indoors TM” boiled up dinner which we scoffed whilst watching “Lego Masters Australia” which I found randomly. The Sky-Q box was sold to me on the understanding that it records stuff I want to see. It totally misses all of the Lego Masters and the Bake-Offs, and records all sorts of other tosh with which I have no interest whatsoever.
Maybe I need a new Sky-Q box which lives up to expectations?

No comments:

Post a Comment