18 June 2023 (Sunday) - Busy, Busy

I woke in the night (that’s nothing unusual) and lay awake listening to the sound of the rain on the window. On the one hand the garden needs the rain (you know you are old when you think that!); on the other hand it can make for a messy dog walk.
I got up, put washing in to scrub, made brekkie and had a look at the geo-puzzle I mentioned yesterday. I’d asked a friend for a pointer… I won’t give away anything about the pointer I was given, but I will say that the ideas I had been working on were as much use as the broadcast dates of episodes of “Batman” would have been to a puzzle based on the colours of the rainbow.
And then I had a little look at the Internet and today’s petty bickering was about the carbon footprint of Ron and Russel Mael who (as “Sparks”) are currently touring Europe. Some people really do go through life looking for stuff to quarrel about.
I’d been meaning to look for T shirts on Amazon for some time. There were some nice ones on there for only six quid… with eight quid postage. Twelve quid’s worth of T shirt would have cost me twenty-eight quid. So I tried eBay. T shirts billed at a fiver each suddenly jumped to a tenner when you selected the size I need.
Much as I’d rather not, I think I will try Matalan.
I then had a totally unprovoked melt-down about my fudge-dog.
 
Having had a rather productive (if also frustrating) week solving geo-puzzles it was time to go find the caches… Together with “er indoors TM we took the dogs to the Romney Marsh for a little walk before it got too hot, and we then took a rather circuitous drive home. The dogs seemed to like walking somewhere different; I won’t say too much about where we walked or the route we took home though… It’s a geo-secret (!)
 
Once home the dogs were soon fast asleep, and with them settled we drove down to Folkestone where “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” was getting a tattoo done and so we were in charge of supervising “Darcie Waa Waa TM (“Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM” being with his Dad).
We took favourite youngest granddaughter (and Pogo) for a little walk along the Leas, There were a few spots of rain, but it was a warm afternoon so we braved the rain. I was glad we did. As we walked we saw a brass band playing on the bandstand. A brass band – on a bandstand at the sea front. How “fifty years ago” was that? As we walked past they were playing “Moon River” rather well. I found myself stopping and listening. And then I realized that little Darcie Waa Waa TM was having a boogie to the band’s music and Pogo was staring in utter fascination.
We sat down and listened to the band (in the drizzle) for about twenty minutes.
 
Daddy’s Little Angel TM” sent a message; her tattoo was done. It looked rather good I thought. She was hungry, so we had a very late McLunch, then came home.
Being Father’s Day “er indoors TM set off to see her dad. I didn’t go. I’d felt rather iffy when we’d driven down to the marsh earlier, and after the day’s exertions I felt decidedly iffy.
I spent the evening staring at the telly feeling progressively more and more grim. I can only compare it to a day in Greece and a day in Turkey when I was decidedly under the weather. Heat stroke?

No comments:

Post a Comment