27 June 2023 (Tuesday) - Before Another Late Shift

Yesterday as I perused the Internet over brekkie seemingly everyone was raving about how good Elton John had been at Glastonbury. This morning Glastonbury was all the talk again, but this time Sparks were being accused of lip-syncing rather than singing live. Some people who claimed to have seen it were adamant that you could clearly see the lip-syncing, and others were adamant that you could not. It soon became clear that whether or not the song was live or a pre-recorded tape was irrelevant to those who just wanted to argue.
I also saw a friend’s son had had a grading at karate and had received a green belt. I did karate for a few months back in the early 90s. I can remember it being fun, if hard physical work, but looking back other than the two workmates with whom I went, I don’t think that any of the thirty other attendees spoke to me, or anyone else come to that.
 
I took the dogs to the woods. As we drove down the pundits on the radio were talking about the recent failed coup in Russia. The consensus of opinion was that the coup failed because the one leading it was seen as a worse option than the chap he was trying to depose. And so Putin stays in power.
I once read a biography of Hitler which made the assertion that Hitler rose to power because he was the least worst of several bad choices of leader. All the time decent people can’t be arsed to stand for office, so history repeats itself.
 
We got to the woods and had an “episode”. The dogs ran up to some weirdo who was lurking in a thicket brandishing a camera. I have no idea what he was trying to photograph, but from his reaction I can only suppose their excited woofing scared it off. I tried to apologize, but the chap had a face like a smacked arse. His attitude was such that we had a little bout of whistle training as we walked away. If anyone had asked I could have explained (quite plausibly) that we were working on our recall…
Is it so unreasonable to feel that if a weirdo is lurking in a thicket for photographic purposes then that weirdo might put up a sign so that passing dog-herds don’t balls up what he is doing?
As we walked so Daddy’s Little Angel TM” sent a message. Bearing in mind the awful reception in the woods I was amazed it got through. Was I still OK to look after “Darcie Waa Waa TM tomorrow while she takes “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMto the dentist? I was glad she’d sent the message; I’d been wondering why I’d booked tomorrow off work. 
 
We came home. I hung out the washing, popped to the corner shop for a sandwich for later and pastries for now, and did a little CPD whilst the dogs snored next to me on the sofa.
I had to wake Morgan at one point as he was getting rather agitated in his dreaming. And then a few minutes later he was wagging his tail so much in his sleep he woke himself up.
 
And so to work… and as is so often the way when on the late shift the best bit of the day was all done by noon…

No comments:

Post a Comment