2 June 2023 (Friday) - Cake and Chicken

“er indoors TM went to the loo in the small hours. In itself that wouldn't have been an issue. I would have slept through that. But she was followed by a procession of dogs. And then the smallest one (who is too small to get off of the bed on her own) whinged because she thought she was missing out by not going with the others. Once she'd eventually settled, the toilet procession came back to bed quietly (!) There was then quite a bit of grumbling and growling as we all jostled for position. I say "we all jostled for position"; I just desperately tried to cling on to that small area of bed which I already had. And failed.
I got up, made toast and watched more "Shameless" in which the piss-sodden tramp was again the object of several ladies' attentions. Surely this isn't realistic? Do my lady readers seriously find piss-sodden tramps attractive?
 
I went out to the garden to see how the pond was doing. The filter's input was beginning to clag up again. Being made from clear plastic I can see when it clags. I unclagged it, and within seconds it clagged again. A second unclagging seemed to do the trick.
As I unclagged I had a stroke of genius involving what I might do with a rock. But rather than doing anything with a rock I decided to give the matter a little thought.  I have plans for making a bog filter this weekend - that rock idea might be part of that.
 
I set off to work listening to the pundits on the radio interviewing some ex-civil servant about the latest ridiculous position the government has got itself into. The government has set up a public enquiry into its handling of the COVID pandemic and has given those conducting the enquiry full authority to investigate anything they consider relevant to the matter. But the government is refusing to hand over all sorts of documents that the enquiry wants to see; saying that those documents are none of the enquiry's business. How does that work? Why set up a public enquiry if you are then not going to let it enquire?
There was also talk about Slow Ways; a website of a national network of long distance footpaths. That looks like being something with which I might get involved. Possibly. I wonder how long it will be before it becomes one big argument?
 
I got to work and had an email from the dentist who wanted to tell me all about his "fair and ethical pricing policy". I would have thought that charging as much as the market could stand would have been the order of the day, but the link he sent went to a document which went on for many pages but without actually saying the price of anything. Someone's taken an age to produce this document. Isn't this just a sign of our times: endless meaningless paperwork.
Mind you at work I also had cake and barbeque chicken too, so the day wasn’t a bad one really.
 
I’ve now got a two-day weekend. I’ve not had many of those lately…

No comments:

Post a Comment