15 June 2023 (Thursday) - McFlurries, Blackadder

It was a rather hot night but I slept better than I have recently. Not disturbing Bailey helps a lot in getting a good night; once she's woken she licks my head (like a baby sucks on a dummy) until she falls asleep again, and it is rather distracting.
 
I made toast, turned on the telly to watch an episode of "Shameless" and was faced with disaster - Netflix dropped the show yesterday, and Sky-Q doesn't have the All-4 app. So instead I watched the first episode of something which has been on my "to be watched" list for some time. "God's Favourite Idiot" was billed as a comedy. I was glad it was billed as such; if I hadn't been told I would never have realised. I'm told the show improves, but so far it is off to a rather lame start.
I then had a look at the internet where I saw a rather silly, childish and purile joke which had me giggling pretty much all day.
 
As I drove to work the pundits on the radio told us they had changed their minds. Last week artificial intelligence was poised to take over the world. Now it seems AI won't enslave humanity according to AI 'godfather' Professor Yan LeCun.
Mind you bearing in mind Professor Yan LeCun is  the leading expert of the parent company of Facebook, and also bearing in mind the core business of Facebook I can't help but think (to paraphrase Mandy Rice Davies) "he would say that, wouldn't he?"
Meanwhile our old friend science has made synthetic human embryos from stem cells without needing sperm or egg cells.
I'll just make the observation that in this brave new world I doubt very much if the cloned slaves or the robot overlords will laugh at knob jokes, and the world will be a much sadder place...
 
With work worked I came home, and together with “er indoors TM went to Folkstone to visit “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand “Darcie Waa Waa TM. We went for a McFlurry and a little walk along the Lees, then watched all sorts of You-Tube and then  Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM demonstrated avoiding lava in Minecraft.
 
After an hour or so we came home. “er indoors TM boiled up pizza and as we scoffed it we watched the “Blackadder” documentary and the previously unaired “Blackadder” pilot episode. With UK Gold having had pretty much nothing else on all week except adverts for these shows they were something of a disappointment. Bearing in mind how many famous actors were in four seasons of the show it was a shame that (other than Sir Tony Robinson) not one was wheeled on. And the unaired pilot was… probably best left unaired.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment