1 September 2022 (Thursday) - This n That

I had another restless night but this one might have been better had Treacle's stomach not been rumbling and gurgling quite so much. I did my usual morning routine and slipped off to work leaving everyone snoring at home, and soon was on my way to work.
 
As I drove there was a lot of talk on the radio about the ongoing cost of energy crisis. The head honcho at Ovo (the third biggest energy provider in the UK) was being interviewed. He suggested a scheme whereby the basic cost of energy is cheaper, but gets more expensive as you use more. Sounds strange to me... no matter how you fiddle it about, if people can't afford the energy bill they won't use the stuff. Leccie and gas has got to be a lot cheaper overall. There's no point in  halving the bill for the first week of the month if you double the bill for the last week, is there?
And the international inspection team are on their way to give the Ukraininan Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant a once-over. There's a lot of concern about the place... With Europe's biggest nuclear power station in a war zone, quite rightly so
Meanwhile Ravil Maganov  (The chairman of Russia's oil giant Lukoil) has died after "falling out of a hospital window". Apparently shortly after Russia invaded Ukraine he publicly called for the war to end. Perhaps if he'd kept his trap shut no one would have pushed him out, would they?
 
I got to work where it was raining, and whereas yesterday had been a MGUS sort of day, today's theme was "target cells" which are *not* called “codocytes” by anyone except Wikipedia. But again being on an early shift meant I got away promptly.
I drove to the Skoda dealer; the nice man said he’d have a look at the damage to my car (from when it got scraped two days ago). I had considered just leaving it and driving round in a scratched car, but the passenger door was making a rather nasty crunching noise every time I opened it.
The nice man said they didn’t do bodywork, but he told me of a garage that did. So I drove for two minutes to Alpha Rapid Repairs where the nice man gave the front panel a clout and sorted out the nasty crunching noise. He took a few photos of the damaged bits, including the door handle and wheel that I didn’t know had been scraped, and said he’d email me a quote for the cost of repairs in the morning.
 
I was only twenty minutes late getting home, and so still having time I took the dogs to the woods where we had a rather good walk.
“er indoors TM  boiled up dinner, and with it scoffed I wondered if I should have an early night as I’ve been feeling progressively more and more grim as the day had gone past. Instead I just played on-line bubble-pop games.

No comments:

Post a Comment