4 September 2022 (Sunday) - Badlesmere

I heaved myself out of bed at eight o’clock this morning… and I took some heaving. I think I overdid it in the garden yesterday. Talking of which I had a little check. All looked well with the pond, which was a result.

I made toast and looked at the Internet. It was still there. I sent out a couple of birthday wishes, and had a look at what was happening on-line. There wasn’t much happening. Someone had asked (on one of the TV pages) about why the TV show “Are You Being Served” was so popular. I made the mistake of pointing out that when it was made there wasn’t any competition from other channels. BBC2 played highbrow intellectual rubbish that no one ever watched, and there was a lot of snobbery about ITV being for the lower orders… BBC1 really did have a monopoly. Other people tried to make an argument about it… I left them to it.

We got ourselves organised and drove up to Badlesmere where we met Karl, Tracey and Charlotte and set off for a little wander. We’ve got a walk which works really well round there. Mostly footpaths with only a few areas where the dogs have to be on leads, and only one stretch which could be considered “up hill”.

As we walked we had a look-see at the geocaches in the area to make sure they were all fine… they were. One or two people seemed to have had issues with one of the caches on the way. So we had a look… and couldn’t understand the problem. I re-read the instructions… You get to the given location, look to the left and see a gate. You count the wooden bars and signs on it and do some sums to get the co ordnates of the final location. What was the issue? I couldn’t see one. 

I took some photos as we walked and scoffed, and with walk walked and scoff scoffed we came home. A quick cuppa, and I woke up on the sofa four hours later buried under dogs.

“er indoors TM boiled up cake and custard, and we found ourselves watching “Train Truckers”; a strangely engaging show in which a team of truckers heave trains onto trucks and drive them across the country on the roads. I would have thought the obvious way to shift a train would have been along tracks, but what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment