10 September 2022 (Saturday) - Visiting Irene

Having had something of a lie-in the puppies weren’t tiddled until an hour later than usual this morning. But I had to wait a good ten minutes (if not longer) before Morgan finally “produced”. Whilst we don’t have *that* many accidents these days, they still happen and I’d like to avoid them as far as possible. The puppies go outside and when they do what is expected of them they get a fuss and then can come back inside… Am I doing this wrong?
I made toast and had a look at the Internet… it was much the same as ever. It has only been two days since the Queen died and still people were finding things to argue about. Did the new King ban Meghan Markle from the dying Queen’s bedside? Would the late Princess Diana have made a better Queen Consort than Camilla… Did anyone really have any idea, or were they all just looking for an argument?
 
We settled the dogs and set off to Beckenham. It is far too long since we caught up with Irene, and we had a really good day today putting the world to rights and playing with her wonderful Maine Coon cat. Have you ever met a Maine Coon? Lovely creatures… If I had a cat it would be one of those. Irene gave us a wonderful dinner too…
Whilst we were there we went into the attic. When Terry passed on last year he told me he wanted me to have his library of science-fiction. Being something of a sci-fi fan I was rather flattered by this, and today I made off with it. At first glance it would seem I’ve acquired quite a treasure trove.
 
The day went so fast, but having pups at home we had to come home far earlier than I would have liked. It had been so good to catch up. Really mustn’t leave it so long next time. And next time I will leave a dog-sitter with the hounds.
After the stresses of the last couple of weeks, a day with an old friend was just what I needed today…

No comments:

Post a Comment