16 September 2022 (Friday) - So Tired...

I woke feeling full of beans and raring to go... at three o'clock. I lay wide awake for a couple of hours then got up, tiddled the puppies (in the garden and not on the sofa this time) and made sarnies for later and toast for brekkie. As I scoffed it I started a new series on Netflix. "Better Than Us" is a Netflix-made show (translated from the original Russian!) about a killer robot going on the rampage having had someone trying to "do the dirty deed" at, on or with it.
It's an old story in sci-fi, but so far the show is entertaining enough.
 
Trying not to wake anyone I set off for work. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about the ongoing situation in Ukraine. It would seem that the spiralling inflation that is putting my bills up is putting up bills all over Europe. The consensus of opinion is that (omitting tediously long explanation) it is in no small part due to the Russian reaction to the Western world's applying economic sanctions to them (over their involvement in the Ukrainian war). There's upcoming elections in Italy, and dropping sanctions against Russia and having nothing to do with the Ukrainians is seeming to be something of a vote-winner.
Is this a sensible policy, or a case of "sod you, I'm all right" ? I don't really know.
And there was talk about the queue to see the Queen's coffin which (according to the morning's news) grew by half a mile between the time I left home and the time I got to work... where I realised that I'd left my sarnies at home.
I went to the works branch of M&S and got some lunch there. They don't give the stuff away. Perhaps if the UK weren't overtly financing the Ukrainians in their fight against the Russians my dinner might have been cheaper?
 
Work was work, and with done I took the hounds to the woods for a walk. We went round our usual route without meeting anyone and came home where er indoors TM boiled up a good bit of dinner.
All went swimmingly until we put “Dogs Behaving Very Badly” on the telly when Bailey went absolutely mental…
That three o’clock start is taking its toll…

No comments:

Post a Comment