17 September 2022 (Saturday) - Dog Club, Family Afternoon

I woke up to an empty house. I couldn’t find “er indoors TM or the dogs anywhere. I checked the garden and the attic room (twice), but they couldn’t have gone far as the leads were all still where they were supposed to be.
Eventually I found them all fast asleep on the sofa under a pile of blankets. Apparently Treacle had been sick and they had all camped out in the sofa in sympathy for no adequately explored reason.
I made toast and had a look at the Internet. A local pub was advertising that they were taking bookings for Christmas Day dinner for ninety-five quid per person. Is that good or bad? I don’t know but I suspect we could feed the entire tribe for that and get change out of it too.
 
We got the dogs organised and set off. With Steve not being on the radio we turned the radio off, and drove out to Paddock Wood and Dog Club. A couple of weeks ago I took the dogs to a meet-up of the Kent Dachshund group. We had a really good time (well, Treacle didn’t) and we went back today.
There weren’t as many people and/or dogs along today, but it was a bit colder. And Treacle *really* didn’t enjoy herself today. She was very snappy with the other dogs; quite possibly being rather possessive over “er indoors TM. It was a shame that both Bailey and Morgan had to roll in something disgusting within minutes of arriving, but they seemed to make the most of it.
I took a few photos of Dog Club. We will certainly go again, but may well leave Treacle with someone as she’s not keen on it.
 
We came home, and were soon joined by “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMand  Darcie Waa Waa TM. The most recent fruit of my loin wanted KFC, and with KFC coffed we went shopping.
First of all to B&Q to get a new saddle for my little girl’s chodbin. Apparently “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMhad been treating their toilet seat rather too vigorously (there was talk of riding it side-saddle) and it hadn’t survived the experience.
Have you seen the price of toilet seats? They don’t give the things away, you know. After a lot of agonising over colour and design she eventually went for something with goldfish painted on it. Personally I would have gone for the cheapest one, but what do I know?
 
From B&Q we went to Bybrook Barn Garden Centre which (so I am told) has been called “Longacres Garden Centre” for some years.
We went straight to their café and had coffee (or tea or J2O) and cake, and once I’d got a few rocks we had a look at the tropical fish. When he’s not destroying toilet seats “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMis learning how to look after a fish tank. We (he) got some Neons and Kuhli loaches, and (as he said) he won the fish lottery on the Zebra Danios when the lady in the shop gave him six rather than the five he’d asked for.
 
As we drove home “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” taught us all the “Darcie Shut Your Face” song, which I thought was a tad mean as songs go. Poor little “Darcie Waa Waa TM had been fast asleep all afternoon.
We got to Folkestone and the abode of the Folkestone branch of our tribe. Pogo got rather over-excited to see us all, and after a quick cuppa I fell asleep.
 
We came home and had a quiet evening in front of the telly. I feel worn out…

No comments:

Post a Comment