29 September 2022 (Thursday) - Rather Dull

I have a vague recollection of “er indoors TM shouting at Treacle in the small hours because Treacle was whinging. I wonder what that was all about? Presumably they sorted their contretemps?
I got up a few hours later, and once I'd done the puppies' tiddle routine I had my shave and found myself glaring at the new taps. I didn't like them, and I don't like them. They are perfectly serviceable, but they are new. And I don't do change very well.
I watched an episode of "Better Than Us", then set off to work on another cold morning.
 
As I drove most of the talk on the radio was about the complete balls-up that the new Chancellor of the Exchequer has made of the economy. He's only done one thing, and apparently that cost the Bank of England over fifty billion quid. That's quite something, isn't it? I think most of us would be proud of that (!)
I found myself looking the Chancellor up on the Internet. Apparently he was once a financial analyst and went from a newbie MP to Chancellor of the Exchequer in twelve years. The chap was filmed laughing and pulling all sorts of strange expressions at the Queen's funeral, and there's now calls for him and the Prime Minister to go even though they've only been in place for a few weeks.
This is our third consecutive disaster of a Prime Minister… It speaks volumes about the leadership of our country that it has gone seriously downhill… downhill from someone who allegedly had sex with a dead pig (!)
 
I got into work and treated myself with the cooked breakfast. It was rather good. I did spend the day with something of a dodgy stomach, but nowhere near as dodgy as yesterday's, so that was a result.
Today I spread my lunch break out in bits through the day so as I could carry on sorting probate and pension wind-downs and all sorts of assorted paperwork tasks. As I phoned (seemingly) the ten thousandth office of which I had hitherto been blissfully unaware it struck me that I really should think about getting my own affairs in order.
My plan is that I will croak before “er indoors TM and then she can divvy out the Lego, but you never quite know what might happen. I'm not entirely sure I can trust the fruits of my loin to sort it all out without squabbling…
 
Today was a tad dull, really…

No comments:

Post a Comment