25 July 2022 (Monday) - Remembering Bob

It was raining when I let the puppies out to do their "thing" this morning. Mind you they didn't seem to be at all bothered by the rain. And as always they seemed more interested in playing silly beggars than in doing their "thing".

I made toast and watched an episode of "Another Life" in which it turned out that the astronaut acting like a truculent four-year-old was actually an evil space alien.  That explained a lot.

 

As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were talking about the astronomical cost of the football costumes that so many football fans like to wear. With football teams changing the design of their shirts every year, football fans are shelling out a hundred quid a year to have the latest kit. And that's just for themselves. Babies’ football costumes sell at forty quid a go and it seems  that suppliers can't keep up with the demand, to say nothing of all the other merchandise they sell. No matter what you have in your house it seems you can buy the same objects with  the logo of your favourite football team emblazoned on it for ten times the price of the original thing.

 

There was also talk about the ongoing queues to cross the channel at Folkestone and Dover, and even if you can get to Europe, it now seems that the blue badges used by disabled drivers aren't valid on the continent any more

Like we didn't see this coming...

 

I had a rather good drive west-wards to work until I got to Goudhurst. I've mentioned before about the tight corner by the church there. The road is passable enough... for considerate drivers. This morning I met a stream of rather arrogant self-centred drivers all of whom wanted to drive up the centre of the road, and seemed rather irate that anyone else should be coming along the road toward them.

This attitude was also prevalent in the Pembury branch of Tesco. As I walked in I saw someone asking one of the members of staff where the jam was. The member of staff snarled a reply of "seven". The customer repeated her question and got  the shouted reply "I said seven". Was that aisle seven? I don't know. I didn't want jam, and the prospective customer just walked out.

I got rhubarb flavoured shower gel and went to work. I did my bit, but as the day went on I felt myself wilting. Too much sun yesterday? Some bug from one of the grandchildren? Being wide awake since half past two? Once I’ve ironed my shirts I’m going to have an early night.

 

But before I go, would you look at the latest news from the medical world...

Twenty years since my old mate Bob from the snake club  (so it was rumoured) died from being bitten by his rattlesnake, so more and more people are being bitten by theirs. There’s a reason why having a rattlesnake as a pet is illegal…

No comments:

Post a Comment