1 July 2022 (Friday) - Rostered Day Off

Being on a rostered day off I had something of a lie-in before taking the dogs to the woods. As we drove Bono was on “Desert Island Discs” playing all sorts of music of which I have never heard before, as everyone does when on that show.

I’ve often wondered what I would choose as my eight desert island discs if I had to choose… Today it would be (listed alphabetically)

  • Concerto for a Rainy Day by the Electric Light Orchestra
  • Hymn by Ultravox (Kingdom Hearts cover version)
  • My Grandfather’s Frock by Ivor Biggun
  • Pretend by Alvin Stardust
  • Somewhere that’s Green (from Little Shop of Horrors)
  • Tom Hark by The Piranhas
  • We’re All Grown Up by Hazel O’Connor
  • When Do I Get To Sing My Way by Sparks (Etolie Vipe cover version)

 But I suspect the list would be different tomorrow.

 

We got to the woods. I parked as close to the wood as I could and let the dogs loose. Bailey did her usual trick of running into the woods shouting like a thing possessed; it’s a habit I’d like her to stop. Seeing one of the normal people was a few yards ahead and taking our usual route we walked a different way round the wood. We chased a huge squirrel (probably about the size of Bailey), got covered in mud (which was chest deep on Morgan) and there was crying (very loud crying) when Bailey found herself on the other side of a thicket from everyone else and thought she was lost. She was only lost for about ten seconds, but you wouldn’t believe how loud the noise of heartbreak was from such a small dog.

 

We came home for a bath, then as the dogs snored I spent much of the day ironing all the laundry generated in the last week or so (including all the stuff from the holiday). It took some ironing.

And with it ironed I uploaded last month’s blog entries to the backup storage (eventually). I’d tried last night and not got anywhere. After quite a bit of help from the nice people at 123 (and some farting about) it seemed that my VPN was preventing uploading. Uploading worked when it was turned off and didn’t when it was turned on. The nice man at 123 said he’d never heard of this before

VPN? My VPN came as a freebie when the antivirus was upgraded earlier in the week. And like most IT upgrades it would seem to have been a backwards step. And with the VPN disabled I uploaded my latest CPD project, and wrote up a little more CPD.

 

“er indoors TM boiled up fish and chips for dinner and as we scoffed we watched a film. We’d recorded “The Favourite” months ago and it was… I won’t say it was crap. It was actually rather good, if a tad strange, and the film didn’t do itself any favours by just stopping in mid-scene. I’ve looked the ending up on-line; apparently there are several theories as to what that was all about.

And today’s bird is “Dunnock (that’s posh for “sparrow”). So far all these birds rather sound the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment