24 July 2022 (Sunday) - Another Garden Day

I came downstairs to find a subdued pair of puppies and a rather foul smell. Baily had developed dire rear. I chased them into the garden and put their bedding into wash, then took a bucket of water to what Bailey had poured onto the lawn (yuk!)

I made toast once I’d found the marmalade. In the old kitchen I knew where everything was. The new kitchen is all very well, but I don’t know where anything is. To be honest much of it is still in boxes in the shed or on the living room table.

 

Facebook was rather dull this morning. There was one chap who’d found a load of old Lego and was asking pretty much every Facebook page there is how much his job lot was all worth. And quite a few of the local Facebook pages were advertising some singer or other who was performing at an obscure pub on Romney Marsh this afternoon. So many people love live music; if I’m going to the pub with friends and family I’d rather enjoy the company of those people. If there is live music, invariably all you can do is sit and get a headache as the music is always at super-deafening levels. Does any band playing in a pub need an amplifier? No – it doesn’t. Turning up the volume *doesn’t* turn up the quality.

 

I spent a few minutes looking at the monthly accounts. They could be a whole lot worse… It turns out that using my mobile phone to access the Internet when we were in Gran Canaria cost me two quid per day. That’s not bad.

I also saw I’d made a payment to “Diamond Publishing”. Never having heard of them I did a little looking on the Internet. It turns out that my subscription to Viz magazine now goes to “Diamond Publishing”; some office-type had probably been paid far more than I get paid for this seemingly meaningless change.

 

“er indoors TM popped to Asda to collect the shopping whilst the puppies barked at everyone passing the house. When I leave them unsupervised they are in their crate with the curtains pulled (!)

And with shopping shopped I hung out a second load of washing and had a look at the pond’s electrics again. With the UV light pulled overnight the pump had been fine. So I bypassed what I thought might be the troublesome extension and plugged the UV light back in. After half an hour the power tripped out. So… I’ve isolated the problem as being the actual UV filter itself. I can get a new one easily enough… for a couple of hundred quid.

I would have gone to get a new filter, but we had a message that “Daddy’s Little Angel TM” and “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM were coming to visit, and were bringing Darcie Waa Waa with them. Within minutes of their arrival “My Boy TM” and Cheryl turned up, and we spent the afternoon in the garden.
I took a few photos
as the afternoon went on; I didn’t realise that the kids would be here all day. I didn’t start the ironing until after 6 o’clock…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment