7 July 2022 (Thursday) - Good Riddance

After I had my morning ablutions I stood on the scales. The half a stone I put on over my recent holiday has now come off, which was something of a result. Leaving “er indoors TM and the dogs all snoring, rather than hunting out Points of Interest I drove into Stanhope where I found no end of Jewels, Weapons and Flat Friends (never a dull moment with Munzee!) And whilst I was at it  got to being a level 120 Munzer.

 

I then set off west-wards to work.  The pundits on the radio were all of a-twitter about the state of the government. Having been told by all and sundry that it is time for him to go, The Prime Minister was still refusing to throw in the towel; having sacked Michael Gove (who had been one of his staunchest allies). As the radio show went on the resignations of four ministers was announced live and as they happened, and by the time I got to Pembury over fifty members of the government had told that idiot "Johnson" (not his real name) to stick their ministerial appointment up his arse.

As the day wore on the news came through that "Boris" had finally got the message and resigned.  Mind you he intends to remain in post until a successor is appointed... as Ivor Biggun once said, he's "going to hang around like a fart in a Volkswagen".  It has been claimed that he wants to remain in office for a few more weeks as he's planning a big party for his wedding anniversary and plans to stage it at Chequers (the Prime Minister's country house paid for by the taxpayer). If he does that as Prime Minister, the taxpayer will pay for it. If he does that as a private citizen he will have to put his hand in his pocket.

Is this true? I don’t know, but quite frankly nothing would surprise me about this bloke. He is the fifth Prime Minister to go whilst I've been blogging. Some have been mediocre, some bad, but this is the first one to whom I would say "good riddance to old rubbish".

Mind you (not that I want him to stay) there was a vote of confidence in the Prime Minister only the other week in which he came out with the thumbs-up, and that was supposed to have settled the matter, wasn't it? We've been told (seemingly constantly) over the last six years that the far closer result of the Brexit referendum was binding for all eternity. And now it seems that Boris is to go,  no matter how anyone voted. Funny old world...

 

There was also talk about how "downblousing" is to be made a criminal offence. A little while ago the law was amended so taking indecent photographs up women's skirts was made illegal. but for some inexplicable reason it remains permissible to take photos down their tops. I am reminded of the production of spirits (whisky, gin, etc...) It is illegal to distil your own by boiling up the stuff and condensing the alcoholic vapour. But going the other way (in a temperature sort of way) and freezing out the unwanted water is perfectly legal. (I've done it myself)

Why is there these loopholes in the law? Because whoever made the laws in the first place never thought it through. As always the law has been written by those who don't actually think about what they are doing.

 

As I drove I stopped off in the little shop in Sissinghust and got some bottles of decent beer for our next walk, and a cheese an bacon wrap for second brekkie. And once at work had that second brekkie with a cup of coffee. All rather good!

Work was work… I did my bit.

 

Once (eventually) home “er indoors TM boiled up a rather good bit of dinner which we washed down with a decent bottle of plonk. And then I had a glass of plonk with some cheese and biscuits, and I shared the drier more dull wafers with the dogs.

They absolutely love the dry wafers.

No comments:

Post a Comment