24 March 2019 (Sunday) - Toddler Hysteria


I was having such a good sleep when Treacle came for a fight at half past six this morning. She does like a fight. Eventually she conceded defeat and cleared off. I had hardly rolled over in my pit when she came charging back in to the bedroom hotly pursued by "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" who was not happy that she’s stolen the very bit of Lego that he was playing with.
I came downstairs and hid on the sofa with Fudge as the youngest member of our tribe played football in the living room with his grandmother’s bowling ball.

As mayhem ensued I worked on my new geo-series. First of all I tweaked an existing Wherigo so that I could use it again, then I prepared my disclaimers. As one does.
Eventually we went out for a little walk. We thought we might get some pine cones to paint, and if we got them from where I went yesterday then I could test out my new Wherigo. My testing went well; it was a shame that S.B.O.D. just took the opportunity to go hysterical for absolutely no reason whatsoever *quite* so often.

We came home. The plan had then been to drive littlun back to Margate, but "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" phoned to say that they would be over to collect him. I think she wanted a little drive out; she has been working in that shop rather a lot lately. So whilst "er indoors TM" and “Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" mucked about I cracked on with all the geo-admin for my new geo-project. Bearing in mind just how many dog-walks I get out of the hobby, it’s only fair I put something back into it. If nothing else this new project (together with the series that went out last week) will boost my “caching Karma”.
(“caching Karma” is something I discovered only last week. It’s a bit geeky, but everyone who rummages under rocks looking for film pots has a score (their “caching Karma”) which is defined as the number of finds people made of the specific person’s caches, divided by the number of finds that person has made on other people's caches. You can see anyone’s “caching Karma” score at project-gc.com/ProfileStats/xxxx in the “Hides” tab (where xxxx is the geocaching username of the person you are stalking). Ideally you want the score to be above one. That way people are finding what you’ve done more than you are finding what they have done.
My score is currently about two. Which ain’t bad).

"Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and Sam arrived and stayed for dinner. It was a shame that S.B.O.D. had to disgrace himself *quite* so much whilst they were watching. Or perhaps it was as well that they saw him?
He’s not a bad lad but perhaps I’m getting old; I can’t remember either of the fruits of my loin being quite such hard work. I’m quite worn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment