21 March 2019 (Thursday) - A Day Off


Treacle did have something of a spat with Pogo in the night. I wish she wouldn’t. "er indoors TM" refereed it whilst I tried to sleep.
Over brekkie I watched another episode of “Love Death and Robots”, but as I watched it I had something of a mini-revelation. For all that it is a very good show, didn’t “The Twilight Zone” and “The Outer Limits” do pretty much the same thing seventy years ago?

Once the dogs had scoffed their brekkie we went for a little walk round the park. It could have gone better; it could have gone a whole lot worse. The trouble with walking the dogs round the park is (quite frankly) the other dog walkers. Most are fine; most realise that the dogs themselves need to get used to each other. There is usually a lot of sniffing, a bit of shouting, and then it is one big game. The trouble comes from the dog owners who don’t really understand how a dog’s brain works, and pick up their darling pooches every time another dog comes close. Pogo had an incident with one such dog today. After it was all done the woman who had had the hump with us started running us down to another dog walker. By chance this other dog walker was an old friend of ours who told her exactly and precisely what Pogo is like, and that her idiot actions couldn’t have upset him more. Maybe this woman will learn, maybe she won’t.
I also got accosted by the Jehovah’s Witnesses again. They are still employing the shallow ruse of sending out two young ladies whose legs go all the way up to their bums and whose chests are set to overload. They both came up to me and told me what lovely dogs I had, and asked my name, and fluttered their eyelashes, It was as well that Fudge picked that very moment to try to hump a passing spaniel otherwise Jesus might just have had me for a sunbeam.

I took the dogs home, and then I set off on a little mission. Firstly to the fishing tackle shop for some scopex squid wafters. I have absolutely no idea what “scopex squid wafters” are, but I read on one of the local Facebook fishing pages that “scopex squid wafters” are *the* ideal bait for where we plan to go fishing tomorrow. I’m hoping "My Boy TM" will know what to do with them.
I then drove round to Singleton to hide the geocaches on the series I’ve been working on recently. As I walked I met a bunch of ramblers coming the other way. Most of them just smiled and said hello, but one chap stopped me. He was intrigued by “Hannah” (my GPS unit). He felt I was incredibly brave going out walking in the countryside on my own; he wouldn’t dare go out alone as he would be sure to get hopelessly lost. He wondered that if he got himself a GPS unit then he might not have to go out with the ramblers to look after him. Just as I thought that I’d picked up yet another stray (!) he realised just how far in front his group had gone, and he hurried off so as not to get left behind.

After three hours I was back at the car. I came home, and scoffed a little lunch. As the washing machine scrubbed laundry I then did all the necessary geo-admin for the cache series I’d hidden. Despite having prepared everything in advance, it still took me an hour to tell the geo-feds what I’d done this morning.
I then got the ironing board out and got busy. As I ironed I watched a film. I’d recorded “Brighton Rock” from the TCM channel because I thought it was a classic. It was only when I finally got to the end of the film that I remembered that the TCM in the channel’s name stands for “Totally Crap Movies”.

With "er indoors TM" off out with her mates this evening I was left to forage for my dinner. I foraged in the general direction of the kebab shop, and I scoffed kebab with the help of the wolf-pack. As we scoffed so my phone went absolutely doolally as eighty-eight emails came in at once. The geo-feds had given my new series the thumbs-up. However for each film pot that I’d stuck under a rock I had a notification that the geo -feds had dealt with it, a notification that they had published it, a notification that there was a new film pot under a rock, and a notification that *my* film pot under the rock had gone live.

Finding myself “home alone” I thought I might take the opportunity to do some of my Coursera course on plants. I did an entire module (how plants respond to gravity) and got full marks in the test on the first attempt. Bearing in mind how I’ve struggled with some of the tests so far, I was rather pleased about this.

Now my geo-series is live I’m thinking about doing another…

No comments:

Post a Comment