23March 2019 (Saturday) - Jake Stayed Over

I slept rather well; but  I was still wide awake a couple of hours earlier than I would have liked to have been awake. I gave up trying to sleep, and scoffed a bowl of granola whilst watching two more episodes of “Love Death and Robots” whilst Fudge snored on the sofa next to me. After a little while I began to hear the sounds of crashing from upstairs. "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM"  had awoken to bring chaos to an unsuspecting world.

Chaos ensued for a few minutes. Realising that "er indoors TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" weren’t going to be going anywhere or doing very much very soon, and also realising that the dogs were getting rather fractious I took the hounds out for a little walk. I decided to begin to finalise my plans for a new geo-series. I won’t say where we went; in the past I’ve had fellow hunters of Tupperware blag my ideas. But I will say we had a rather good walk.

After four hours we came home to find that other than S.B.O.D. having played Lego, we’d not missed much at home. S.B.O.D. and I played Lego for a while until he got bored. Then, as he harangued his grandmother, I started working on the geo-admin for my new geo-series.
Eventually we all got bored with what we were doing, and we all took the dogs to the beach. Taking the dogs to the beach sounds like a good idea, but on a cold March afternoon it wasn’t quite such a good one. Especially as grandson hoiked rocks into the sea for the dogs to fetch. He didn’t get *very* wet, but it was only a few seconds before the hounds were soaked. We then walked along the beach a little to try to dry them out. I do like the beach, but it was *cold*!!
Mind you I was amazed by a house we saw. You can see the details by clicking here. It looks as though it would fall down if I were to so much as fart in its general direction, and it is up for sale at over a million pounds.

We came home; we had a bit of dinner. I say “we”; littlun wasn’t hungry. He watched a little telly, then announced he wanted to go to bed. With "er indoors TM", "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM", Treacle and Pogo all off to kip upstairs, Fudge made the most of having a snoring session of his own downstairs. I finished as much of the geo-admin from this morning’s outing as I could and sent it off to see if the geo-feds will stand for it. I hope they do; I’ve put a lot of work into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment