12 December 2020 (Saturday) - Pissed Off (!)

Fudge spent the night sleeping on top of me. That rarely happens these days – sometimes he has his soppy moments. Perhaps it was having him close? I slept well.

Over some toast I peered into the Internet. There was quite a row kicking off on the Radio Four Facebook page about that show I listened to yesterday. “Count Arthur Strong” is the Woody Allen of the radio. There are those that find the show hilarious and those who don’t find it remotely amusing. It is a shame that the two sides can’t disagree politely.

And disagreeing politely would be a good thing on the global scale. With Brexit talks about to finally go belly-up, four warships have been dispatched to guard the nations fishing grounds. Regular readers of this drivel may recall that I predicted that following Brexit the UK would be involved in another European war within my lifetime. I so hope I am wrong.

 

We got the dogs organised and set off to Knowle Park. We missed out on our usual day of hunting geocaches in favour of joining in with a Munzee event that was planned for today. They don’t happen very often so we thought we’d give it a go. In retrospect I wish we hadn’t… Whilst the event was well organised and was fun, it didn’t go at all well for us.

Getting there was a problem. Imagine that you are on a clock face and want to go from the “eleven” position to the “twelve” position. You would *not* go via “six”, would you? That’s pretty much how our sat-nav took us.

We eventually got to Knowle Park only to be turned away by some officious twat who declared that since we hadn’t pre-booked our spot in the car park he couldn’t let us in.

So we went into Sevenoaks to find a public car park, and got a little lost on the epic trek into Knowle Park.

As we walked through Knowle Park we saw plenty of spaces in the car park which did little for my mood.

Because of the deer the dogs couldn’t be allowed off of the leads and so they pulled (like trains) for the entire time.

The place was heaving with normal people.

And it was cold and my nose was running the entire time.

 

As we walked we met the organiser; I’d messaged with her a few times. I felt a little sorry for her – she’d put in such a lot of effort into setting up the day and I had a proper sulk-on over so many things that were utterly out of her control.

I took a few photos of our walk. It was a good outing really… I suppose.

 

As we walked back to the car my phone beeped. Yesterday I whinged about a chap who had boiled my piss. He’d messaged me with an apology. I must admit I was impressed by that.

We came home, had a spot of lunch and went up to town. Yesterday I’d completely failed to unlock my phone from its network. I thought the nice man in the shop might be able to do it for me. He said to leave the phone with him so we did…

 

We went for a little walk. As we walked we met Bernie and had a chat; it was good to catch up. I saw several new shops, and quite a few closed ones. And after an hour we went back to the phone shop where the nice man had completely failed to unlock my phone but he said that he could do something-or-other and send me a code to unlock it. Like a fool I agreed to that.

The whole point of going to the shop was to have someone do it for me, *not* to have to enter the code myself. Been there – done that  doesn’t work

 

And when I came home I found that neither my lap-top nor "er indoors TM"’s can see my phone any more. I rang the nice man in the shop who was adamant that noting he had done could have in any way caused what has happened.

After a couple of hours of getting progressively more and more angry with the thing I eventually found a temporary fix on-line. Every time I want to unload photos from it I now have to dive deep into the settings to remind it to allow lap-tops to access it. It isn’t a perfect fix, but it makes the phone more useable than it was.

 I’ve had enough of today… but I suppose it could always be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment