27 August 2023 (Sunday) - Family Bingo

Last night I saw that “Alien Covenant” was on the Film 4 channel, so I put it on, and then woke up at two o’clock. I went to bed and with everyone up in the loft room with “Darcie Waa Waa TM I had a rather good night’s sleep. I heard her chattering at eight o’clock so got up, had a shave and made toast before the mayhem started.
 
We had a good singalong to the “Bingo” song on “Lube-Tube” (as my grandson calls “You-Tube”), then had some assisted walking round the garden. Littlun insists on having her hands held as she toddles about. After a few seconds you get the world’s worst backache, and she wants to toddle about for ages.
Eventually she tired of it, and had her brekkie of dry cereal and grapes, and with her fed she then fed Bailey. She would take a handful of dog food and throw it at Bailey. Bailey loved this; I’m not sure which one had the most fun.
 
“er indoors TM then took Darcie Waa Waa TM home, and I took the dogs for a walk. Orlestone has been an unmitigated disaster at the weekends before (as it heaves with normal people at the weekends) but although we met five other groups of dogs walkers today, the walk passed off without serious incident. The only problem was Treacle trying to pick a fight with a Rottie about ten times her size.
We came home; I got some more fence paint onto my huge wooden reel, then sat on the sofa with the dogs and slept until “er indoors TM came home.
 
The dogs soon settled, and we set off to Dymchurch for our family bingo afternoon. We had a rather good time; even if it did pour down at one point. I won one round, and emptied six bottles of ale down my neck.
 
All too soon it was time to say our goodbyes. I was all set to have a little sleep on the way home, but “er indoors TM suggested I might check the new geocache notifications in case we got home and found we’d driven straight past a new one. A couple of hours previously a new geocache had gone live a little way out of our way home, but with no logs registered on the thing we took a little detour out to it, and soon we had the cache in hand. First ones to find it too. Result (!)
 
We came home feeling rather pleased with ourselves. “er indoors TM boiled up pizza and we watched the semi-final of “Lego Masters: New Zealand”.
I really need an early night…

No comments:

Post a Comment