2 August 2023 (Wednesday) - Before Another Late Shift

 

I slept like a log again. On waking I made “er indoors TM a cuppa and took it up to her together with a small wodge of cards and pressies (as it’s her birthday today). We had a little opening ceremony then I did myself a cuppa and looked at the Internet (as I do). There wasn’t much going on really, so I had a little look at cruises (as this would seem to be my current obsession). Yesterday I found a round-the-world cruise – just over three months for ten thousand quid. Today I found a trip to Longyearbyen (somewhere I quite fancy going) and back – two weeks for fifteen thousand quid… once you’ve made your own way to Oslo.
 
Bearing in mind rain was forecast for later I took the dogs up to the woods. As I drove the pundits on the radio were talking about Donald Trump, and were interviewing someone or other who is one of his political opponents. Facing yet another indictment is no handicap to Mr Trump; the chap being interviewed openly admitted that no matter what he says himself, the average American voter loves Donald Trump. Mr Trump really can do no wrong in the eyes of the American electorate. In fifty years’ time generations yet unborn will wonder “WTF were they thinking of”, but this is the thing with charismatic leaders, isn’t it? The masses love them regardless of what they do. It has happened many times in history and will doubtless happen again.
(Not that I’m likening Mr Trump to any of these in any other way than charisma)
 
We got to the woods and set off to the location of one of my geocaches. Someone had complained that it was on an ants’ nest. I’d not put it on an ants’ nest, but someone or other had decided that being on an ants’ nest several yards from where it was supposed to be was a far better hiding place…
I put it right, and we carried on with our walk. We had drizzle, we had rain, we had glorious sunshine. And we waded in a swamp.
 
We then came home and had a bath, and I spent a few minutes plunging the plug hole. I’ve got this theory that years of mud (from dogs) have accumulated down the plug hole, and with us having showers (and not baths) there’s never a head of water to flush the mud through. But a good plunging seemed to do the trick.
I got us some pastries, I looked at more cruise holiday, and then set off to work.
And again the best bit of the day was over and done with by the mid-morning.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment