16 August 2023 (Wednesday) - Rostered Day Off

As I peered into the internet over brekkie I rolled my eyes. The Munzee Facebook page had a message from Munzee HQ listing the failures caused by last week’s (so-called) upgrade, and they were asking for people to tell them what else wasn’t working so that they can turn it all off again next week to try to repair the damage that upgrading had caused. As I said last week, pretty much every “upgrade” leaves the upgraded less able to do the job it is supposed to do, doesn’t it?
There was someone asking the Facebook Garden Ponds page for legal advice because his neighbours were complaining about the noise of his fish pond.
There was someone ranting that the Lego corporation doesn’t sell empty boxes for those who collect empty boxes (apparently some people do!)
And there were some very bitter squabbles about people supposedly giving spoilers about episodes of “Star Trek”  that aired over twenty-five years ago. It would seem that there are quite a few people who have seen the latest “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” and had no idea it is actually the tenth Star Trek series.
 
I took the dogs for a walk. We went down to Orlestone and unlike the last time we were there we didn’t see anyone else at all. Apart from Bailey eating a fox turd the whole walk passed off without anything noteworthy. We went round the woods taking a longer than usual route. Mind you this would have been a shorter walk in Kings Wood. Orlestone is a much easier-to-get-to wood than Kings Wood, but it is *much* smaller.
With walk walked we came home. As we drove out of the car park so my car beeped that it wanted more petrol. Last winter I mentioned that after the crash repairs the car was doing far less miles on a full tank of petrol; this time we got to just over five hundred miles before it asked for more. I’m seeing this as a good thing.
 
Once home I hung out washing, went and got that petrol the car wanted, and came home via the lock-up. When Daddy’s Little Angel TM” moved out of Margate (three moves ago!) a lot of her stuff went into storage, and I got the last of it back out today. Mind you I’m always fascinated by the lock and store places. What is being stored in these places? Who knows? I always think of that hoard of stolen art treasures hoarded by the Nazis that came to light a few years ago. Are there untold millions behind the door next to mine?
Shifting stuff from lock-up into my car, and then from my car into the shed took rather more effort than it might have done.
 
I ran round the front garden with the bionic burner to get rid of the weeks in the cracks in the pavement. I might have been somewhat disparaging about the thing in the past… realistically it achieves the same result as pulling the weeds by hand, but it involves a *lot* less effort. Sadly the adverts imply that one zap with the bionic burner and the weed is gone whereas in reality they come back a couple of weeks later. But it is far easier to bionically burn than it is to pull by hand.
 
No day not at work is complete without a load of ironing which I did whilst watching episodes of “Four In A Bed”. Today’s shows followed the standard format. There are those contestants who go on the show hoping to learn from others. These are (usually) decent people running good establishments who do well. There are those contestants who go on the show hoping others will learn from their experience and expertise. These are (usually) rather arrogant little twits who do badly. And there are those who pride themselves on being “businessmen” who (invariably) can’t tell their own arses from holes in the ground.
 
I then ran round the garden with a watering can, and after I’d watered had a serious look at the planter I built a few months ago. At the time I bought six different sorts of plants to go in it. With a range of coloured flowers the idea was it would be a rage of colours all summer long.
It wasn’t (and still isn’t).
It’s pink.
Sadly the plants with the pink flowers have grown far taller than all the others. If you look closely the yellows and whites and reds are there, but somewhat mobbed by the pink. I shall have to do my research next year.
 
“er indoors TM boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching the fourth episode of “Lego Masters: New Zealand” in which bridges were built from Lego and tested to destruction.
I could do that; I’ve got enough stuff in my spares box…

No comments:

Post a Comment