9 July 2023 (Sunday) - Bungay

Again I found myself wide awake at four o’clock so I used the time to post up yesterday’s photos and to write up the blog. After an hour or so I was a tad tired so went back to sleep for a bit. But only a bit. I was wide awake sitting in the garden watching the world go by before eight o’clock.
Part of the world going by was (I think) a deer going past the end of the garden.
As I watched so Treacle periodically came out looking very pleased with herself showing off the socks she had captured. I formed quite the collection of confiscated socks much to her disgust.

People awoke, and we had a rather good Full English which we just finished as the rain started. Having had a very hot day yesterday we had a rather heavy downpour today, so we cracked out a 1000 piece jigsaw from the cottage’s supplies and made a start on that. Or some of us did. I fell asleep and was woken five minutes before we were about to go out. With no weather forecast agreeing with another we took pot luck with the weather and went up to Bungay for a little walk. If nothing else being on hard ground (tarmac) the idea was we wouldn’t get too muddy.
And we didn’t.
We had a rather good little wander round, guided by geocaches and the geocaching adventure lab series. It was only a shame that Morgan was in a very truculent mood. He was hot to the touch. Sunstroke after yesterday, perhaps?)

We came home via a geocache which hadn’t been found in over a year – a resuscitation. Go me!
Once home we jigsawed and had beer, and the dogs slept. They were all in.

It was a tad too damp for al-fresco dining this evening so we had a very good bit of dinner inside, Very good indeed. We growled and barked at the tennis on the telly, and I had something of an early night.If only I could sleep when everyone else is asleep.

I took a few photos today.

No comments:

Post a Comment