30 July 2023 (Sunday) - Before the Night Shift

 

As the washing machine did its thing I peered into the internet this morning. There were several people posting about yesterday’s garden party. Everyone who got along seemed to have had a good time (I certainly did), some had other commitments which stopped them getting along, some had been personally stuffed up by the train strike. But there were over forty people who had been invited along from whom I’ve heard nothing. Did they not see the messages? I’ve organised events in the past through Facebook Events and had similar. Perhaps I need a better way of contacting people?
There was a rather impressive squabble on one of the Sparks-related Facebook pages; someone had started posting various puzzles the answer to which were songs by Sparks, and so many people were grumbling that the answers were songs more than five years old… Quite bitterly grumbling.
 
I got the garden-full of chairs, tables and shelters disassembled and put away, hung out the washing and then sat and scoffed left-over cake as I read more of Adrian Mole’s secret diaries. Have you ever read all of them? I realise that Adrian Mole is a fictitious made-up character, but I’ve always felt that the author tired of her creation. Toward the end she was particularly nasty to poor Adrian.
 
“er indoors TM went off to see her mum; I went to bed. I stayed in bed for a couple of hours, seemingly constantly shouting at Treacle who was seemingly constantly barking for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
I eventually got up and watched an episode of “Shameless” during which Treacle was absolutely silent.
Mind you as I’d slept it had been raining very hard. There had been a geo-meet this afternoon not a million miles from work which had sadly been rained off.
 
“er indoors TM is boiling up dinner, and then I’m off to the night shift in a bit. Today was dull. But at least the rain came today. Today was dull, but yesterday had been rather good.

No comments:

Post a Comment