14 July 2023 (Friday) - Coming Home

Bearing in mind we needed a quick getaway this morning I set my alarm for the first time in a week. It didn’t take that long to bundle everything together, and the cars were swiftly loaded. I must admit I felt sick when I took a load of luggage out to the car only to find the puppies running loose on the lane, but they were swiftly rounded up.

Rather than heading straight home we drove to Framlingham where we had a little wander around, doing a spot of geocaching as we went. There was an Adventure Lab series around the town and we followed it around to one or two interesting places. And we found a virtual geocache too. You don’t find many of those.
It was only a shame that the forecast rain came in an hour or so earlier than it might have done.

We said our goodbyes and headed homewards. The drive of a hundred and thirty miles took about two and a half hours and was truly tedious. I *really* don’t know how people can drive for a living; I’d go stir crazy.

Once home we quickly unloaded. The dogs were soon all fast asleep. “er indoors TM set off to a booze-up with a load of people with whom she used to work. I threw out the milk we’d forgotten about and left in the fridge all week (yuk), watered the rather parched garden, then started the necessary but dull job of feeding laundry to the washing machine.  

I’m worn out… I’ve had a rather good week away but will be glad to go to bed. I’ll wait until the washing machine has won its fight with my pants though…

No comments:

Post a Comment