16 July 2023 (Sunday) - Not So Busy

I gave up thumping “er indoors TM in a futile attempt to stop her snoring and got up. With a load of washing in to scrub I made brekkie, watched an episode of “Shameless” then cracked on in the garden. I vacuumed the shingle, strimmed the lawn edges, mowed, then got out the Bionic Burner and burned away the weeds on the patio. This Bionic Burner is a load of rubbish. Admittedly it burned the weeds, but just left burned weeds which then needed pulling out. Pulling the weeds out by hand gets rid of them without the need to incinerate them first. I tidied up, and with power tools away the dogs were allowed into the garden; Morgan does attack them. I wish he wouldn’t.
“er indoors TM went shopping; I pulled more ivy off of the fence. I hate gardening; it is a never-ending and ultimately futile pastime.

I then assembled the garden patio heater which has been sitting in its box in the shed for months. Billed as a portable heater it came with screws to bolt it into the ground so that it would be fixed in place. What was that all about? After fifteen minutes it was ready for a trial. It worked. It is now in the shed; I suspect I shall fail to sell it on Facebook marketplace and take it up to the tip in a few months.

 I sat down by the pond which had cleared nicely after yesterday’s mishap with the pond filter. I had a look at the Internet and saw an invite to a birthday bash. A good friend I don’t see anywhere near often enough will be sixty in a few months’ time. Rumours of a camping weekend turned out to be just rumours. Sadly the plan now is a trip to a local pub to listen to some band or other. But when I say “local pub” I mean local to him, not me. I quite fancied a weekend’s camping trip; I seriously don’t fancy travelling for two hours just to get a headache.

“er indoors TM came home from shopping. We settled the dogs and walked up to the park. We’d seen adverts for a “World in a Tent” festival which was happening this afternoon and we went along with high hopes. But all we found was half a dozen stalls selling food (all with massive queues), half a dozen stalls selling overpriced hand-made tat, and a stall offering help with addiction issues.  According to the timetable we arrived as the Nepalese Dance Group were doing their thing. Sadly we couldn’t see any dancing going on, but there was a deafening caterwauling being blared out of the PA system. We’d gone along expecting to spend most of the afternoon there soaking up the ambience; we’d seen the lot and were on our way home within ten minutes.
We sat in the garden and read books for the afternoon instead whilst scoffing mushroom crisps and guacamole dip.

“er indoors TM boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed watching episodes of the prequel to Star Trek and the sequel to Quantum Leap.
Both were rather good…


 

No comments:

Post a Comment