21 February 2023 (Tuesday) - A Rather Lazy Birthday

I would have had an excellent night’s sleep had “er indoors TM’s alarm kept quiet. Mind you it didn’t go off before a wet nose had thrust itself into my armpit, so I shouldn’t grumble.
For over thirty years I would be woken at exactly twenty past seven on my birthday with a phone call from my mum who could never wait any longer before wishing me “Happy Birthday”. I miss those phone calls.
 
I made toast and had a look at the Internet. Nearly forty people had already wished me a happy birthday by the time I’d scoffed brekkie. Seeing the time made me think… it was just after nine o’clock. Fifty years ago I’d have been standing in a classroom with the rest of the class howling the “happy birthday” song at me and the two other classmates with whom I shared a birthday. I wonder whatever happened to those two. One of them (Johnnie Walker – he really was called Johnnie Walker) I’ve never seen since we left primary school in 1975, and the other (Leslie Marriott) I last saw in 1982 when he was on his way to a job in an insurance agent’s office in Brighton.
 
After a little farting around spent blagging MP3 files from YouTube we went round to “My Boy TM” and Cheryl’s.and from there we all walked out to Great Chart. As we walked I felt myself wilting; I really wasn’t feeling on top form. But we had a good walk.
We came home, and with the dogs settled, “er indoors TM drove us up to the Beefeater in Hothfield. A mixed grill, a peanut butter sundae and two bottle of “Rocking Rudolph” did it for me. With scoff scoffed we came home and I fell asleep in front of the telly.
 
I went to sleep with Bailey on top of me, and woke up (two hours later) with Morgan where she had been. We settled the pups and went round to My Boy TM” and Cheryl’s. Cheryl had made loads of pancakes and waffles and we scoffed ourselves silly before slobbing  in front of the telly.
 
Not a bad way to spend a birthday… over a hundred and twenty people sent me birthday messages. I’m rather pleased about that.
I still feel under the weather though. I’m absolutely worn out even though I’ve done very little other than a short walk, eat far too much and sleep…

No comments:

Post a Comment