14 February 2023 (Tuesday) - Valentine's Day

It was incredibly foggy as I took the puppies out this morning, but they didn't seem at all bothered. Did they even notice? All they were interested in was emptying out as quickly as possibly because then they are allowed up to the big bed.
With them settled I made toast and watched more "Downton Abbey" in which Lady Mary having porked the Turkish attaché to death is now looking set to do the same thing to Mister Matthew.
As I watched telly so I sorted undercrackers. This certainly wasn't the life I had in mind all those years ago...
 
As I drove through the fog to work the pundits on the radio were interviewing journalist Wiebke Hüster. Fraulein Hüster had published a review of a ballet directed by Marco Goecke. Herr Goecke didn't like the review, and so when Fraulein Hüster next came to the ballet, Herr Goecke publicly harangued her, and rubbed dog shit in her face whilst dozens of people looked on. Hanover State Opera (who own the actual ballet) have said that Herr Goecke has been suspended with immediate effect, as his "impulsive reaction" went against its rules of conduct.
After that, the rest of the day's news rather paled into insignificance.
 
Just as I got to the works car park so my phone beeped. It was “er indoors TM telling me that (yet again) I'd left my sandwich box at home. It is just as well that there's a branch of M&S at work, but four quid a day gets a tad pricey.
I also had an email. His Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service had agreed that me and my brother can have probate on Dad's house. That was something of a result... now to sell the thing.
According to the Internet (so it must be true) there are seven steps of selling a property:

  • Book the valuation and choose the right agent.
  • Checking your finance.
  • Instruct your solicitor. ...
  • Presenting your property for sale and launch marketing.
  • Offers and negotiating a sale.
  • Sales progression.
  • Exchange of contracts and completion of the sale.

So... in the first instance can any of my loyal readers recommend a good estate agent?

“er indoors TM boiled up a rather good bit of dinner this evening. Chicken and spinach thingies. We scoffed them whilst watching “Junior Bake Off”.
I’ve got an early start tomorrow and I’m feeling washed out. I really should go to bed… bet I don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment