5 February 2023 (Sunday) - Family Day

 

I woke feeling like death warmed up this morning. Back in the day I used to shift ale by the gallon. Three pints last night gave me such a headache this morning.
The dogs were funny this morning. Once the puppies had tiddled they both ran up the stairs to the big bed, then both whimpered and came back to me. Treacle was standing at the bottom of the bed glaring at them daring them to see what would happen if they came close. I told her to shut her rattle and helped the babies up. Whilst the dogs get on all right, Treacle does bully the smaller ones from time to time.
 
I made toast and had a look at the Internet. Having had two rather dubious friend requests yesterday I had another today. Did I mention I’ve started an album of pictures of the sort of “ladies” who want to be my friend. I wish they didn’t. Who on Earth would want to be seen on the friends list on someone like that?
And I saw that Netflix are making a series of “The Three Body Problem”; an excellent book… I wonder how they will transfer that story to the screen? Here’s hoping they make a good job of it.
 
I drove round to the petrol station to fill the car up. I went to the one at Sainsburys, and the cantankerous old bat I’ve met before was again behind the till, but in a novel break with tradition she had a go at being civil.
From there I drove down to Folkestone to collect “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM, “Darcie Waa Waa TM and Pogo and fetch them all home. I had planned on fetching the pressure washer back as well, but where yesterday had been a warm day, today was freezing. I left the pressure washer in Folkestone.
 
We came home and went for a walk round the park. Viccie Park used to be a rather pretty park, but over the last couple of years the council has embarked on a rather ambitious project of renovating much of the park. From what I can see this scheme involves digging up much of the park, fencing off the dug-up areas and then leaving them alone for months.
Such a shame.
As we walked so “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TMbleated constantly about needing the toilet. He bleats constantly about needing the toilet when none are near, and when there is a toilet within a few yards he goes for hours without needing one…
 
With walk walked I pootled in the garden for a bit. I had hoped that “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM might help me, but he soon lost interest. He and his grandmother mucked about with craft stuff and getting dinner ready whilst “Daddy’s Little Angel TM”, “Darcie Waa Waa TM and I watched “City of Ember”; a rather good Netflix film.
We then had a rather good dinner. “Darcie Waa Waa TM particularly liked the sweet potatoes and chocolate cake and the cream.
She and her mother then had a little sleep on the sofa, her brother and Gran had a go at following crochet videos on Lube-Tube (as “Stormageddon – Bringer of Destruction TM” calls it). Have you ever watched crochet videos on You-tube (or “Lube-Tube”)? They certainly look far easier than they actually are.
I did the washing up.
 
As it was getting dark so “er indoors TM took them all home. One has to be up promptly for school tomorrow, and the other two looked as though an early night wouldn’t hurt.
We then cracked open the port, cheese and crackers and watched today’s episode of “Lego Masters: Australia”. Today was all about building huge Lego bridges and testing them to destruction.
There is something strangely satisfying in watching someone else’s Lego models getting destroyed…

No comments:

Post a Comment