22 February 2023 (Wednesday) - A Lazy Day

I woke with backache this morning. This seems to happen if I stay in my pit for too long. I don’t get the backache when I get up silly early. I’m thinking I’m getting used to the new mattress. If any of my loyal readers would like a used king-sized mattress, do let me know, or I shall have to get the council on the case.
 
I made brekkie and peered into the Internet. It was still there. Squabbles and trivia abounded, as they do. Ironically while I’m having a week off work a new geocache  had gone live about two minutes’ walk from work.
The dog-hater brigade was out in force on the local Facebook page, but (to be honest) dogs was but one topic about which people were quarrelling this morning. I swear if I was to post on there saying “Ashford is a town in Kent”, not one person would agree.
 
I got the dogs together and we went out for a walk. We drove up to Kings Wood and walked round. We met a few other dog walkers and the meetings passed off without incident. We saw a herd of deer and the dogs gave chase, but all came back to the sound of the whistle (to my amazement). At about three and a half miles into the walk (two miles from the nearest car parks) we found a port-a-loo. What was a turdis doing in the middle of the woods?
The only problem we had today was when some brat (who should have been in school) charged at Bailey screaming “DOG DOG DOG” and tried to grab her. Poor Bailey ran in terror. Mother loudly announced that if the brat asked nicely then the brat might be allowed to pet the dog. I announced equally loudly that I didn’t think that would happen as the poor pup was terrified.
You’d think children would be taught how to behave round dogs, wouldn’t you? I’ve had other children grab Pogo by the ears and scream in its face because (as the mother told me) the child doesn’t like dogs.
 
We came home, and as I so often do I slobbed on the sofa watching episodes of “Four In A Bed” in which some Angolan chap slagged off all the opposition until it was his turn to play host at which point he suddenly fell ill.
Strange, that…
 
“er indoors TM sorted a rather good dinner which we scoffed whilst watching more “Junior Bake Off” in which the poor child with the miserable expression got chucked out, and then we watched Paul Merton driving a motorhome round Minehead. The Baptist minister of Minehead was one of my best friends fifty years ago and so I followed that show like a hawk just in case he appeared.
I’m quite enjoying these lazy days… I’m rather good at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment