10 February 2023 (Friday) - Bit Dull

I woke in a cold sweat this morning after a nightmare in which I’d been appointed Member of Parliament for Hastings with the manifesto promise of “You’ve had the sugar, here comes the sh*t”.
I did the puppies, and with them snuggling into the big bed before “er indoors TM” woke, I spent an age trying (unsuccessfully) to find my sandwich box. I eventually gave up, made toast and scoffed it whilst watching another episode of “Downton Abbey”. In today’s installment Lady Emily took her prospective paramour to church whilst Lady Mary porked the Turkish attaché to death. Quite literally. This caused quite a lot of consternation; what does one do with the corpse of a Turkish attaché who has been porked to death?
 
Once I’d scraped the ice from the car I set off to work. As I drove, the pundits on the radio were talking about how courts are stopping the power companies putting those who can’t afford leccie and gas onto pre-payment meters. So rather than shivering in the dark, those who can’t afford leccie and gas are to be allowed to run up debts they can’t repay?
The obvious answer is to seriously review how leccie and gas are delivered to the public. I don’t have any answers, but I’ll make the observation that now that the government have put a cap on how much they will pay for Russian oil, Russia has put a cap on how much oil it will supply.
 
Not having been able to find my sandwich box earlier, I took this as God’s way of telling me to get a sarnie from Sainsbury’s. So I did. And a croissant for second brekkie too.
There was a minor hiccup when I came to pay though. The self-service machine froze up. I smiled hopefully at the three members of staff standing nearby gossiping, but it took an age before one of them took the hint and did the job for which they are employed. Unfortunately I had the bad tempered old harridan with whom I’ve had previous run-ins. As we both stood staring at the broken self-service machine I made the observation (in a spirit of helpfulness) that had she been working at the proper tills, then we wouldn’t have been staring at a broken machine.
That really cheered her up…
 
Work was work… a rather good day today. I spent the day teaching one of the trainees the wonders of microscopy. Viral conditions, iron deficiency…  all good stuff.

Once home I scoffed the last of yesterday’s leftover KFC whilst “er indoors TM” boiled up dinner. She boils up a good dinner. We then scoffed dinner whist watching more “Junior Bake Off” in which the children cooed up bread which was far better than anything I could ever do.
I think the leftover KFC might have been a mistake…

No comments:

Post a Comment