27 July 2020 (Monday) - Back to Work


After something of a restless night I came downstairs and nearly trod in a pile of sicked-up swede. One of the dogs had scoffed far too much of the stuff last night.
Over a bowl of granola I watched the first episode of the new series of “The Young Offenders” (which was rather good) then had a quick look at the Internet. Yesterday I’d identified an issue with my GPS unit. I’d asked a question on one of the Facebook groups, and this morning I had one or two suggestions as to how I might sort it out.
I saw I had over seventy “Found it” logs on geocaches that I’d hidden. People seem to be enjoying the walks I’ve set. And with nothing else of note happening on-line I got ready for work.

As I drove to work the pundits on the radio were spouting their usual drivel. Today they were interviewing one of the Hairy Bikers about the government's initiative to combat obesity. As a porker myself I take offence at this sort of initiative.  Anyone following this blog will know how much I walk. I don't sit on my arse 24/7 like some people half my size. I don't choose to be fat. I have tried every diet known to science, and I've found that the only way for me to lose weight is to be constantly hungry.
Perhaps it will come to that?
There was also some talk of the Mars 2020 mission, and talk of plans to return some Martian rocks to Earth. They could have done with more talk of that and less talk of victimising the overweight.
The "Thought For The Day" bit made me wonder what goes through some people's heads. Some bishop was talking about how a youth had been murdered with an ice-pick. Apparently the mother of this youth saw this as strengthening her faith in God. Can you believe it? Having your child murdered makes you more sure in your belief?  This woman apparently claimed that "God is all I have left". Personally I'd rather not have a God that allowed a child to be killed with an ice-pick, but what do I know?

The roads were rather busy this morning; far more so than they have been for months. Finding myself snarled up on the slip road coming off of the motorway I suddenly remembered why I usually get to work so early.
I got to work, and despite going back after a week off, I had a good day. A few short years ago I used to feel sick at the thought of going to work, but those days are long past.
Perhaps the day was helped by being rather rainy; when it is pouring down outside I don't feel I am missing anything.

Once home I saw I had a pressie. Jose had got me the micro-blocks grand piano. Micro-blocks is like Lego, but each piece is about a quarter of the size of it’s corresponding Lego piece. Making it was fun, but it was a serious challenge. I had to have the zoom function on my phone’s camera at x4 magnification so I could see what was going on.
I would like to get the Lego grand piano. With over three thousand pieces the thing works, and you can program it to play music using an app on your mobile phone. It is released this weekend and only costs three hundred quid….

No comments:

Post a Comment