11 July 2020 (Saturday) - In a Tent?


The night shift was rather busy; I was rather glad when home time and the relief came.
I came home where I had a vague plan to go out for a walk with "er indoors TM" and the dogs, but I gave up waiting for them and went to bed. I woke up three hours later to an empty house, and a message that the first fruit of my loin was on the way round. He was returning the pressure washer he’d borrowed. I’d forgotten that he had it; I will probably need that in a week or so. He stayed for half an hour until his mother (and the dogs) returned – it was good to catch up.

When he went I had a rather late brekkie and checked out the Internet. I’d watched it overnight and had seen not much had happened. But anything might have taken place this morning whilst I had been asleep.
A load of new geocaches had appeared along parts of the Greensand Way. That will form a day out at some stage. It’s a shame that they are interspersed with some really old ones, but there it is.
Not much had happened on Facebook. Despite having turned off all the “for sale” notifications I still had a load today. People were trying to get good money for that which I would have taken to the tip. Would you buy used and unwanted cuddly toys from some on-line stranger? I wouldn’t.

I then did a little gardening. Harvesting dog turds, mowing the lawn, pulling the weeds from the front garden…all very dull, but it passed the time until "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" and "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" arrived. They announced they wanted to camp in the garden overnight, so I got my old tent out. The one I used forty years ago… the one which has since been chewed by mice. Fortunately we had a backup small tent in the lock-up. I have no idea where that tent came from. It isn’t one I recognise, and we struggled to get it up (but we eventually figured it out). I can remember posting about this tent before – I’ve asked about whose tent it is several times. No one has replied – it is now mine.

We had a bit of dinner, "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" pushed Pogo into the pond before identifying a unicorn moon-whale in his animal book.
After four bottles of lager (for me) and more Horlicks than sense (all round) they’ve gone out to the tent. I suspect they will be upstairs in a proper bed within the hour…
I certainly will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment