28 July 2020 (Tuesday) - Bit Dull


I slept better than last night – the duvet-sucking dog (I think it was Pogo this time) didn’t start noisily slurping until nearly getting-up time.
I made toast and peered into the internet.to see what had happened overnight. The new series of geocaches that went live yesterday evening had all been found. Some of them in the dark. Personally I like a pleasant walk in the countryside enjoying the views. Others like to dash from one film pot under a rock to the next at breakneck speed, actually risking breaking their necks in the dark. Each to their own, I suppose.

I saw that some of my geocaches that I archived last October had been found yesterday – a nice trick if you can do it(!) I sent out some birthday wishes, then "er indoors TM" and I took the dogs down to Ham Street to put the final touches to the last bit of the planning for the ongoing Greensand Way geo-project.
As we crossed the footbridge at Ham Street railway station some people who looked incredibly familiar waved to me from the opposite platform. There were two people there; both smiled. I couldn’t hear what they were saying. I hope they don’t think I was being rude. I’m sure I know them, but I didn’t recognise them at all.

We had a good walk through the woods. The dogs didn’t disappear for that long really. Pogo did start shouting at a passing dog (I think that was a “lead” thing) and Fudge did try to play “dog piggy back” with a Labrador ten times his size, but other than that, the walk went well.
Once home I popped to the corner shop for a sandwich for later and croissants for brekkie. This was the first time out for my now-legally-compulsory face covering.
What a shambles.
I had mine on. The other people in the shop had theirs hanging from their ears and covering all sorts of parts of their anatomies except those through which they breathe. And the woman behind the counter didn’t have one on at all.

We had coffee and croissants, and I carried on geo-jigsaw-puzzling. I spent an hour and a half on it last night, and another two hours this morning. I hope the film pot I shall find under a rock will be worth it.
And that was it for today really. I went to work, did my bit and came home again…
Today was rather dull…

No comments:

Post a Comment