15 July 2020 (Wednesday) - Rostered Day Off


Finding myself wide awake at silly o’clock I spent an hour trying to get back to sleep and failing. I got up and went off on a little preparatory geo-mission.
You would be amazed at how many people were out and about out in the sticks this morning. It was interesting – being out and about a lot earlier I met quite a few twitchers. The bird-watching fraternity were out long before the dog walkers appeared.
After six miles I’d completed what I intended, and came home where I collected the dogs and drove them down to Orlestone woods. I might have saved some time had I taken them out with me earlier, but geo-recce-ing goes much easier without canine assistance.
We had another good walk round Orlestone Woods. The car park was busy but the woods are big enough that we went round without getting close enough to anyone to cause (or be caused) any problems.

By the time I got home at half past ten I’d walked nearly eight miles and was ready for a rest. I got a pecan roll from the corner shop and scoffed it with a cuppa whilst having my morning look at the Internet (four hours later than usual). It was much the same as it ever is.

I set the washing machine going and pootled about on the Internet for a bit, then with washing done and hung out I washed some more before going up to the attic where I played Lego for a while. The Lego police station has never really been right so I made a new one, then wasted a couple of hours playing “Cookie Jam” on Facebook games.

"er indoors TM" boiled up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching yesterday’s episode of “Bake Off: the Professionals”. I have become very judgemental about other people’s baking despite being utterly unable to cook anything more elaborate than a peanut butter sandwich…
We are now watching “Celebrity Gogglebox” – “celebrity”…? I’ve heard of two of them.

Not a bad day off…

No comments:

Post a Comment