26 April 2020 (Sunday) - Locked Down Sunday


I slept for an amazing ten hours last night. That’s quite unheard of. I must admit that in many ways sleep is just a waste of time, but in these locked down days there is very little else to be doing really.

I had a look-see at the Internet and couldn’t believe the row that was kicking off on the Geocaching UK Facebook page. With the hobby effectively banned and all talk of coronageddon forbidden on that page, they were arguing about the BBC’s charity night that took place in the week. Some people just want to squabble.
The local Facebook page was warning of a scam in which some local crook was selling face masks for thirty quid and not delivering, and the local funeral director was touting for trade.
I also saw that a lot of the Munzees I’ve deployed recently have faded. That’s a pain in the glass (as "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" would say). The print-my-own Munzees haven’t really worked; I’ve spent out and bought some proper ones. I wonder how long they will take to arrive?

As I waited for "er indoors TM" to emerge from her pit I cracked on with sorting out the web pages for my planned geo-series. I’ve finally got all the admin stuff done; I just now need for the lock-down to be lifted so I can go out and hide all the pots.

We took the dogs out for a walk. Thinking we might try a different walk we went up towards the civic centre, through the north park and back home along the black alley. (None of which will mean anything to anyone who doesn’t know the back streets of Ashford). But it was a good walk if only for the fact that not one of the dogs kicked off for any reason whatsoever.

Once home I had a quick look at the monthly accounts. Bearing in mind I bought most of the shopping last month I could be a whole lot worse off. I could be a lot better off… but I’m not grumbling. If I can afford to shell out on bar codes to stick to lamp posts I can’t be doing that badly.
Then, as the sun was shining, I sat in the garden for a bit. Rather more abstemious than yesterday I only had one beer as I read my Kindle. It was a shame that Treacle had to get so possessive over the tennis ball she’d found this morning. I don’t mind her and Pogo having play-fights, but Fudge isn’t up to it these days.

"er indoors TM" cut up some swede for the dogs – you can see the video of it here. There are some rather impressive crunching sounds. And then we had our scoff. It was rather good. As we scoffed it we watched “Joe Lycett’s Got Your Back” on the telly; a modern-day version of the old favourite “That’s Life”. All it needed was a dog saying “Sausages!” and Ester Rantzen brandishing a willy-shaped carrot.

At eight o’clock we sparked up the Zoom software and had a seven-way met-up. It was good to catch up…

No comments:

Post a Comment