25 April 2020 (Saturday) - Another Day In Lock-Down


After a relatively good night’s sleep I watched the last episode of “Tiger King: Murder Mayhem and Madness” which was a “where are they now” following what has happened to the major protagonists in the story. It was introduced by Joel McHale. I was rather intrigued by this choice of presenter… he obviously felt he should be on camera; I had no idea who he was.
Apparently he is big in American TV?

I had a quick look at Facebook to see that not much had happened overnight, and with no emails worth having I drove to B&Q. I thought my monkey puzzle tree could do with planting properly so I thought I might get some new ground membranes, shingle and plant food. I got to B&Q twenty minutes before they were due to open and saw the queue went twice round the car park.
That tree can wait…

I thought I might spend a little while working on the web pages for the new geo-series I’ve been working on. Whilst the things can’t go live for months, I can get all the admin and paperwork ready. I had a look-see to check over what I’d done so far and saw that I’d put the wrong hyperlink into fifty web pages.
Oh, how I chuckled as I put that right, and two hours later I was effectively ready to start again. Rather than starting again we took the dogs for a walk.

We walked through the park out to the newly-landscaped area behind Singleton Lake. As we walked though the park we saw Cheryl and Rolo. As always Rolo got very over-excited wen he saw our dogs, and picked fights with humungous dogs safe in the knowledge that if anything kicked off, then Pogo would back him up.
We met old family friends Maxine and Beryl at Singleton Lake; it was good to have a little (socially distanced) catch-up.

With walk walked we came home, and spent the afternoon in the garden. With the sun shining and Alexei Sayle on my Kindle I poured a selection of beers down my neck. Having spent a small fortune and endless hours on the garden I really don’t spend anywhere near enough time in it.

"er indoors TM" boiled up a rather good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching very old episodes of “Blankety- Blank” on Challenge TV. I’d forgotten just how lame that show was…

No comments:

Post a Comment