24 April 2020 (Friday) - Rostered Day Off


With the CPAP face mask I slept well, and my nose wasn’t as sore as once it was in the mornings. I watched more “Tiger King: Murder Mayhem and Madness” in which our hero finally had his comeuppance.
Facebook was interesting this morning – there was quite a lot of talk about President Trump. Having realised that disinfectant kills the COVID-19 virus he was wondering why injections of disinfectant aren’t being offered as a cure. There are a lot of people who run him down but I must admit to a sneaking admiration of Donald Trump. He has become incredibly rich and the leader of the free world despite an obvious stupidity which he makes no effort to hide.

I got the leads on the dogs and took them out. We went up the road. That’s up the *road*, not pavement. The bin-men had been out and left the pavements impassable again. I wish they wouldn’t; how much effort is it to put the bin out of the way?
We got to Bowens Field where we met another of these never-walked-dogs. The idiot with this dog had her on an extending lead, had pulled out all of the extending lead and was rather angry because the dog had tangled it all around him. He had just started thrashing the dog when he saw me. He stopped and made some embarrassed comment about the dog being over-excited. I made the observation that the dog wasn’t the only one who was over-excited and kept going.
As we came past the river I saw the big fish again.

We then saw another idiot with a never-walked-dog in the park. This one had a ball-thrower and threw the ball about fifty yards away. However the dog was on an extending lead, and after about fifteen yards the lead ran out and the dog came to a very abrupt halt.
I watched this whilst chatting with one of the regular dog walkers of Viccie Park. She made the observation that these never-walked-dogs are invariably never allowed off the lead… whilst struggling to get her dog to come out of a thicket into which he’s just chased a squirrel. She also told me that the council’s gardeners are under orders to remove the specific trees in which the squirrels are nesting. Apparently the squirrels are relatively new residents of the park; having been illegally introduced some time over the last few years.

I spent a little while gardening. I managed to get the lawn done yesterday, so today I weeded the shingle and moved the shingle to cover the bald bits, buried the electrical cables (again) and straightened out the lawn edgings which had gone squafty over the winter.
It was at this point that "er indoors TM" phoned. She’d gone shopping in Aldi and was ready to be picked up. As I drove to collect her I saw that the traffic going into B&Q was stacked back along the main road. Having opened for the first time in a month they were rather busy. I had planned to get one or two garden things from them today; that can wait.

After a Belgian bun and a cuppa I put “Bottom” on the telly and ironed for an hour or so before spending a little while working on the geo-series I’ve got in mind. Eventually I fell asleep.

This evening I hosted another on-line quiz. Three rounds including a picture round and nine people taking part; I was rather pleased with how it all went. I shall run another at some point…

No comments:

Post a Comment