27 December 2018 (Thursday) - Back to Work


Another restless night; I’m sure being able to breathe would go some way to being able to sleep. Mind you having eaten far too much yesterday probably didn’t help either.
Over some toast I sparked up Netflix and watched an episode of “Bottom” (the Ferris wheel – emergency bitter – Deidre McFrenzy) then had a look at the Internet. Facebook was remarkably busy at half past six on the day after Boxing Day. Quite a few people were selling unwanted Christmas pressies. On the one hand I felt that was rather ungrateful; on the other hand (as I said a few days ago) it’s far better to ask someone what they want before guessing wrongly.
I also checked my in-box. Amazon was suggesting I bought stuff in which I had no interest whatsoever, and LinkedIn was suggesting I chummed up with some bloke who runs an old people’s home in Bromley. (Why?)
I stuck yet another load into the dishwasher, and taking great care to let sleeping dogs (and "er indoors TM") lie I set off to work.

Today was rather a ​frosty morning. As I drove I couldn't help but notice how quiet the roads were. Most people were still on their Christmas break. As I drove I listened to the radio. Over the Christmas period Radio Four's news and current affairs program is turned over to a series of guest editors who run a series of articles about whatever nonsense floats their boat. I'm not sure who today's guest editor was, but whoever it was, they clearly had issues. There was a *lot* of talk about environment stuff which are *very* important but saying that "man-made" climate change can only be reversed by “feminist” policies is rather insulting.
They then wheeled on some vicar to blather on for the "Thought for the Day". This chap was banging on about how good the BBC's adaptation of "Watership Down" had been, and he then proceeded to give quite a few spoilers about the show. I've not seen it yet; I wasn't impressed.

I did my bit at work on a rather quiet day and made good time home on rather empty roads. Once home I saw that "er indoors TM" had been busy tidying up. She’d also made a rather good turkey curry. We scoffed it whilst watching “The Lady in the Van”; a film I’ve been intending to watch for ages. It was rather good…

No comments:

Post a Comment