15 December 2018 (Saturday) - Wherigos, Stormageddon...


I woke full of energy and raring to go at four o’clock. So I did what I sometimes to in those situations. I got up, had a bit of brekkie, watched some telly and went back to bed.
I got up properly at half past eight. With "er indoors TM" having spent the night with "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" in the attic room, our bed hadn’t been filled out with dogs last night. Most restful.

Over brekkie I had a look at the Internet. There was much the same as ever filling out social media. Ranting and trivia abounded. I saw that some friends had gone to the Bruges Christmas market today. Others had gone last weekend. We went to Bruges last year. There had been talk of going to the Christmas market. I would like to have gone before Brexit effectively has the UK declaring war on Europe (!)… There were a few rants on Facebook about Brexit too. I nearly choked on my toast when one chap (who’s well-known locally for his bullying attitude) was chirping up about perceived Euro-bullying. Pots and kettles, pots and kettles.

Having a little time on my hands I produced a little pamphlet about spherocytosis and told the world about it. Or that part of the world that gets over-excited about that sort of thing. Doing so used to take up a large part of my time in a previous life; sometimes I miss it. But I have to show that I’m continually keeping up-to-date with all things work-related. Producing a Google document is the work of ten minutes, and the finished product does look rather special.
​​
Leaving "er indoors TM", "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" and the terrible twins at home, Fudge and I walked over to Singleton Lake where we met Karl and Charlotte. We had a rather good (if rather cold) morning playing Wherigos . We carried things over a bridge, we found the Illudium Q36 explosive space modulator, we played “rock paper scissors” against a badger.
The plan was to have a quick half in Singleton Barn and then go on out to Great Chart, but as we got to the pub so the rain started, so we spent an hour or so inside warming up and putting the world to rights.

We came home; "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" had been baking. I had some biscuits. I then dozed on the sofa whilst others went to the pet shop for dog food.
I woke to find a major melt-down was taking place. “Rabbids” on the Wii was clearly beyond a four-year-old’s abilities. Fortunately that stressy fit soon passed, but it was only to be replaced with other stresses. However, “Lube-Tube” came to the rescue. You’d be amazed how many kids’ videos there are on there.
Eventually he tired of the telly and helped put up the Christmas tree…
Having him to stay is hard work…

No comments:

Post a Comment