16 December 2018 (Sunday) - Xmas Cachers' Party


Just as I was about to got to bed last night my lap-top beeped at me. I’d been tagged in a post on Facebook. Stevey had nominated me to do the “book challenge” thingy. Every day for the next week I’ve got to post (on Facebook) the cover of a book I love. Every so often I publish on here a list of my favourite books; although it changes periodically, on the whole my top ten books have remained pretty much constant over the last ten years. I immediately replied by posting up a picture of what I consider to be the best book in the history of the universe (bar none); “The Mote in God’s Eye”, and went to bed.

For all that everyone was up in the attic room with "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" I had a restless night. Pogo came to see me several times.  I got up for the loo just before five o’clock and found dog sick in the kitchen. Was it Pogo? He was sick a few times yesterday. For all that he is the biggest of the dogs and is something of a lump, he is very much the baby of the pack. I wonder if he has eaten something he shouldn’t? His sister does all the time.

I got up properly at eight o’clock. Bearing in mind I’m transmitting the advent calendar to the world every evening I thought I might make the book challenge a morning thing to space it all out a bit. After all there is only so much you can put on the Internet at once, isn’t there? I put up my second book choice: “Earth Abides”. A book I must have read over a hundred times. Like my first book choice, I am now on to the second copy of it as the first one fell apart from over-reading.

As "er indoors TM" fought with "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" to get him dressed I realised the soap in the bathroom was rather soggy. I had this plan to dry it out in the microwave. Not one of my better ideas…
We then drove littlun back to Margate where he immediately had something of a meltdown. "Daddy’s Little Angel TM" had been waiting for him to return so they might put up their Christmas decorations. "Stormageddon - Bringer of Destruction TM" just wanted to play his computer game. We left them fighting and drove to Leybourne for the county geocachers’ Christmas meet.
It was rather a good meet; a chance to catch up with friends, a few beers, a good laugh, and quite a decent haul in the raffle.
I was presented with a trophy for my efforts for the noble pursuit of hunting Tupperware over the last year; I didn’t think I’d really done that much for the hobby recently. Others would seem to disagree with me.
I took quite a few photos today. I’ve commented recently how over the last year I’ve rather stepped back from the social side of geocaching a little. Perhaps I should get back into it a tad more?

I slept most of the way home. Perhaps the six pints and three large glasses of port had something to do with that?
Once home we woke sleeping dogs. Treacle had a good woof at the balloon we’d brought home, and we had a cuppa and slice of cake (raffle prize).
"er indoors TM" has gone bowling. I wonder what’s on telly?

No comments:

Post a Comment