Again I woke feeling profoundly miserable. This seems
to be happening more and more these days. I took a deep breath, made toast and
cracked on and it soon passed.
As I scoffed toast I had a look at the Internet. A
cousin was posting from her holiday home in Dorset. It looked rather good, but
she had a flock of sheep pootling round the garden. I suppose that’s easier
than getting the lawn mower out?
I Munzed, Wordled from “mower” to “motif”
in five goes, topped up the dog water bottle and got ready for the off.
As we drove to the woods the Justice Secretary was
being interviewed. The government is looking to release some prisoners earlier
than planned. This is absolutely terrible and the end of the world. The fact
that this is because the prisons are full and because the prisons currently
being built won’t be ready for a while. No one seems to care that the
government inherited this mess and the previous government had known all about
it and had done nothing about it.
We got to the woods and immediately had an “episode”.
This is the time of year that a lot of people take their dog for its annual
walk, and we met one such group today. They were standing at the sign which was
telling the world about the coming car parking charges. One of them loudly
announced “that man might know” and pointed at me. I smiled sweetly.
Another of them rather aggressively demanded to know how much they had to pay
for car parking, and how they might pay it. I pointed out that as a member of Forestry
England I got to park for free. That wasn’t received well. They demanded to
know how they might pay with the RingGo app, and weren’t at all pleased to find
out that I didn’t know. I’d made a serious mistake by telling them that I’d
joined Forestry England; they immediately thought I was on the board of
directors of the organisation. I pointed to the bit on the sign which told them
that members of Forestry England got free parking. I told them that they now
knew as much as I did, and I went off leaving them to it.
We then walked four and a half miles in peace. We
sort-of walked our usual walk but in reverse and with a little twist at the end
to try to stay in the shade. Treacle did puff a bit, but I’m sure she wouldn’t
have wanted to have stayed at home.
I found myself thinking of poor Sid. He never really
wanted much of a walk. I used to walk him round the block, and a two-minute
walk used to take him twenty minutes. If we were going on a “proper”
walk he used to run and hide.
We came home listening to more Adrian Mole MP3. I made
a cuppa, Munzed for a bit, then went into the garden. Something (possibly a
pterodactyl) had crapped up the side of the house. Two minutes with a mop
shifted the dung.
I reorganised some of the stones around the water
feature I’d sorted yesterday… and ended up with a bucketful of ornamental green
cobbles. I shall find something to do with them. But not now.
“er indoors TM” boiled
up a couple of bread rolls and we scoffed the with cheese and pickles, and with
lunch lunched I sat by the pond and finished my Kindle book. We did “FEED
THE FISH”, watered the plants, and played Meowdoku. I’ve now been the day’s
top player five times… I can only assume not many people play the game. I wrote
up some CPD.
“er indoors TM” boiled
up a very good bit of scran which we scoffed whilst watching more “Bake Off:
The Professionals”, and again I found myself thinking I could have been a
baker…
I’ve got to go to work tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment