I couldn’t sleep last night. Having laid awake for
seemingly ages I gave up and got up at four o’clock. I made toast and watched
the last part of the episode of “Stranger Things” that I started
watching yesterday.
This was the last episode of the fourth season of the
show and sadly we’ve got to the stage that so many shows reach. It happened
with the “Aliens” franchise and “Game of Thrones” and “The
Last Ship”. The writers have effectively ran out of ideas and so five
minutes of plot was padded out with an hour’s gratuitous violence and seemingly
endless tedious fight scenes.
There’s one more season to go; it might perk up. I
shall keep going with it; if only to see where Kate Bush made her money.
I had a quick look at the Internet and was rather
amazed. A Reform UK councillor has had the heave-ho from Reform UK HQ for
the simple reason that he’s not actually a member of Reform UK. Not only was councillor
Robert Hanson elected under the Reform banner in May, he was the Reform
spokesperson for Adult Health and Social Care in Sheffield council.
He’s now carrying on, but as an independent.
I would have thought that actually being a member of
said party was a pre-requisite for standing as a candidate for that political
party. You can’t make this up, can you?
And then it was time to set off for work. Yesterday
was supposedly a day off. We walked over five miles round the woods I, got
loads done in the garden, did ironing, had a serious fight with my old lap-top,
took the dogs out again, watched Star Trek… by the time I went to bed last
night I’d covered seventeen thousand steps. And then I had maybe two hours
sleep at most.
I went off to work hoping for a bit of a rest. As I
left Ashford there was a surprising amount of people walking dogs who were
themselves only wearing their pyjamas.
As I drove up the motorway the pundits on the radio
were all a-twitter about Prince Harry who is leaving America and coming back to
live in the UK. There was also talk about how he lost his court case against
Associated Newspapers (when he claimed they hacked his phone). Did they?
During the court case some of his allegations were just abandoned “without
any apology or even acknowledgment”.
The claims of Prince Harry and his co-defendants were
thrown out of court in their entirety several weeks ago, and together with six
of his mates (including Elton John) he's got to stump up about ten
million quid in court costs. And to add insult to injury the payments are due
and it would seem their insurance won't cover it. That speaks volumes,
doesn't it? If Prince Harry can't afford a court of law, what hope for the rest
of us?
I stopped off in Sainsburys to get a sandwich. that
place is always good for attitude. Some spotty oik who was employed to fill the
shelves was making no secret of what he thought about the paying customers
which he clearly felt were getting in his way. I just laughed; others would
have had ample opportunity to make a formal complaint. I wonder if anyone did?
I went in to the early shift, did what I had to, and
came home. “er
indoors TM” had suggested an
evening’s walk so we went to Orlestone. The walk passed off rather
uneventfully, but I did think that the smaller two (Bailey in particular)
were rather more wilful than usual. They know who panders to them whereas I
will just keep going.
We came home. I spent a little while struggling on the
on-line shops. I got the seventh Adrian Mole book on CD for about a fifth of
the price I paid for the sixth. But I just can’t find the eight (and final)
book on either MP3 or something that I could convert to MP3. But I did find a
website offering all the Harry Potter books on MP3 for less than twenty quid
the lot. Just like my seventh Adrian Mole CDs this is a rather good bargain *if*
it arrives.
“er indoors TM” boiled
up a very good bit of dinner which we scoffed whilst watching more episodes of “Celebrity
Hunted”. It’s a rather good show, but realistically it’s just “Hunted”
when you’ve only ever heard of one of the twelve so-called celebrities.
I’m rather worn out… and it’s hossing down outside.

No comments:
Post a Comment