This morning’s petty bickering on the local Facebook
pages was all about a pub near Deal. Some woman had gone there for
dinner and either didn’t like her dinner or thought she was up for a freebie.
Whichever it was, she made a fuss when it came to pay up and threatened bad
reviews on Tripadvisor and Facebook. Fortunately the pub’s owners called this
woman’s bluff, and (literally) hundreds of people have posted comments
of support. In this age of reviews and social media it is so easy for people to
try to pull a fast one. And people wonder why pubs are going out of business.
This morning also brought the news that the Red
Lion in Biddenden was closing. Not that I’ve been to
that place for years…
I Munzed, and Wordled from “about” to “loose”,
getting it on the last attempt.
A new geocache went live. I solved it
(well, ChatGPT did) but the final location was about an hour’s drive
away. That will keep until we are next over at Staple and the Black Pig.
Assuming that pub doesn’t go the way of so many others.
As I fiddled on the Internet so Steve was on the
radio. The “Guess The Lyrics” competition today was “When the rain
washes you clean, you’ll know”. I had absolutely no idea at all. It was “Dreams”
by Fleetwood Mac.
We drove round to Repton and Dog Club. (About)
sixteen dogs had a rather good time charging about as dogs do.
From Dog Club we drove to Godinton. Once we’d done cat
duty we had a little walk round the pond. There’s a geocache there that I’ve
failed to find three times before. We tried a fourth time and finally found the
thing. Probably just as well – there’s a souvenir for finding a geocache today
what with it being International Geocaching Day. Today is my fourteenth International
Geocaching Day, and keeping a diary I can see that I’ve actually been at work
at some point on eleven of them. There was actually a geo-meet-up this morning,
but by the time we would have finished at Dog Club and driven there we would
have missed it.
There’s another next weekend…
We then popped in to see “My Boy TM” and ”Auntie
Chel TM” as it was her birthday. Sadly as we drove there so
she drove past going off to the nail bar. But we left a card and stuff with the
first fruit of my loin, and he gave me a plant. His plants have been going mad
recently and I was very happy to take a surplus plant.
We came home via the co-op where we got chocolate
croissants. I scoffed mine whilst writing up some
CPD.
I read my Kindle, I played Meodoku, I had a little
doze. “er
indoors TM” set off to visit her mum, I sparked up
Netflix and watched more “Stranger Things” but with each episode at the
length of a film it was a tad hard going. After one episode I had a vague idea
to take the dogs to Orlestone, but we’d been to Dog Club this morning and it
was still rather warm outside. Much cooler than the last few days, but still
warm. So I stayed in front of the telly watching “Stranger Things”.
Today was dull.

No comments:
Post a Comment