I slept well… not surprising really after the ale that
got shifted yesterday. I made toast and rolled my eyes. Ex-Home Secretary
Suella Braverman was ranting on-line about that which she
did nothing about when she had the chance when she was in power. I’m amazed
that the masses vote for her…
Several people had clicked “like” on the photos
of yesterday’s little session in the garden. It was a shame that we clashed
with so many other things, but it’s August, the sun is out and everyone is busy…
I Munzed; inviting Munzers to join the Guild for this
month’s Munzee Gauntlet Games. A posh phrase for scanning bar codes stuck to a
lamp post, but it keeps us occupied. I Wordled from “after” to “penal”
in five goes.
“er indoors TM” went
off out for the morning. I watched an episode of “Stranger Things” then
had a little tidy-up. Washing up went in the dishwasher, bottles and cans into
the recycling, and I then had a little doze in the garden until the birthday
girl returned.
We had thought about a fish dinner at the Pilot or a
Sunday roast at the Woolpack. Sadly being a glorious Sunday in August we would
be sharing the place with all of the normal people. So we opted for a quiet
afternoon in the garden. “My Boy TM” and ”Auntie
Chel TM” popped round with a birthday card and pressie and
we had a lunch of bread and cheese and pickles. And shortly after father-in-law
called in.
We had a rather good (if lazy) afternoon.
There had been talk of a late afternoon walk, but it
was still too hot to take the dogs out. And a combination of loads of visitors
yesterday and today and the heat had worn them out anyway.
Instead we had a rather good lamb shank and a bottle
of plonk which we devoured whilst watching a film. “Wicked” was
rather good even if (like so many films) it went on for about an hour
too much.

No comments:
Post a Comment